Been awhile! Thinking of starting to plan a new build for Starfield

Black64

Hi, Everyone! Been awhile, long time poster here. Looking to upgrade my current rig for Starfield, I was thinking about going to the Ryzen 5600x, new mobo, reuse my current ram and hopefully grab a 3080. But I am thinking to maybe hold off until closer to Starfield as I heard new RTX cards and new Ryzen chips will be releasing?

Current PC specs are

Ryzen 1600

16gb DDR

GTX 1080

1tb SSD

hey black64 howzit... 

as far as i know the next gen amd will be out toward the end of the year around 3rd quarter... I have decided to hold off until that happens but just built the girlfriend a new office puter based on the ryzen 7 5700g... so you can do an upgrade now if you want to and/or wait for a bit... it's ok either way. I'm certain prices will go down the closer we get to the new release date

14 hours ago, cjloki said:

hey black64 howzit... 

as far as i know the next gen amd will be out toward the end of the year around 3rd quarter... I have decided to hold off until that happens but just built the girlfriend a new office puter based on the ryzen 7 5700g... so you can do an upgrade now if you want to and/or wait for a bit... it's ok either way. I'm certain prices will go down the closer we get to the new release date

Thanks, I figure (at least I hope) prices will go down on the parts I want to upgrade to and/or new stuff will be out.

Just a follow up, I ended up buying the i5 12400F with the Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4 LGA off Amazon for $300, the i5 is on sale. It's slightly faster than the Ryzen 5600X option and a good bit cheaper as well. I will reusing my current DDR4 ram, PSU, etc. $300 for a 50-60% boost in power is pretty sweet. Now to find a deal on a new GPU. Hoping to get the RTX 3080 for under $800.

Just upgraded to 32GB ram with the new i5. Now I wait for a deal on a new GPU. Also replaced my SSD while I was working on the system. Dang GPU price hikes/shortages! I can play BL3 mostly fine, but it's got me itching for a new GPU! May wait for the 4xxx or snap a 3080.