Is it my motherboard?

Minime 939

Hey guys, I have kind of an old setup.  Anyway, I think my old Klipsch THX speakers are dying...they will go completly off... and sometimes they will come back on (when I fiddle with them).  So

I decided to go to headphones from the case ports in the front of the case.  That worked good until one USP port went dead...so I went to the other USP and it was good for a while and it went

dead.  Then I just plugged went to the headphone jack and it was good for a while...now it has gone wacky.  If I move the headphone cord just a little bit the MS setup window will start flashing and

telling me a device has just been plugged in or unplugged over and over...if I unplug  and then plug in again and hold the cable I can get through a video or whatever.  Do you think it is the audio chip?

Should I go to a PCI audio card...or get another MB from Ali EXpress?  What do you think?  My MB is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R.  Thanks

• 2 months later...

OK it wasn't the motherboard. 

But I did solve the problems.  It turned out to be two separate issues rather than one.  First the Klipsch speakers turned out to be a problem with the on-off switch.

As for the panel on the front of the case...well I guess I had run over the headphone cable with the office chair a few too many times.  So I swapped the USB adapter to

another set of headphones ....and now everything is fixed.   Talk about drama.  I went without audio for months until I finally decided to get to work on things.  I feel like

I have a new computer now. 

That's good news, I'm glad that worked out for you...

I have rebuilt an old socket 775 that was state of the art back in 2007 or 2008 and I caint seem to get it to boot :doh: but that's a different story :woot: