Sign in to follow this  
Minime 939

Is it my motherboard?

Hey guys, I have kind of an old setup.  Anyway, I think my old Klipsch THX speakers are dying...they will go completly off... and sometimes they will come back on (when I fiddle with them).  So

I decided to go to headphones from the case ports in the front of the case.  That worked good until one USP port went dead...so I went to the other USP and it was good for a while and it went

dead.  Then I just plugged went to the headphone jack and it was good for a while...now it has gone wacky.  If I move the headphone cord just a little bit the MS setup window will start flashing and

telling me a device has just been plugged in or unplugged over and over...if I unplug  and then plug in again and hold the cable I can get through a video or whatever.  Do you think it is the audio chip?

Should I go to a PCI audio card...or get another MB from Ali EXpress?  What do you think?  My MB is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R.  Thanks