What to Do with my 970 and FreeSync Monitor

Asked this question on other forums but I figured I'd ask you what you guys thought about my predicament...

I have an MSI ME100 970...runs everything well at 2560 x 1080...

However, at the time I was looking for a bigger monitor this LG 29 inch FreeSync monitor popped up for sale at $230 and I had to jump on it even though i already owned a 970 which doesn't support FreeSync...

Should I sell my 970 and wait for Polaris to take advantage of FreeSync or is FreeSync not really a big enough deal to do something like that?

If you're happy with the card and monitor, might as well keep both. However, if whatever AMD is planning hits the mark and highly outperforms your 970, an upgrade could be in the books. That's if the cost/performance is greater than what you paid and you can get a good price for the 970.

If you're happy with the card and monitor, might as well keep both. However, if whatever AMD is planning hits the mark and highly outperforms your 970, an upgrade could be in the books. That's if the cost/performance is greater than what you paid and you can get a good price for the 970.

That's the thing; it's a waiting game and the timing is really screwing things up IMO....

Paper launch of Polaris is next week...1080/1070 are dropping nowish...970 decreases in value every day I wait...

Sell now, use a backup 6970 until Polaris drops but what if Polaris is a bust? Then I am sitting with a out of date card and having to basically put myself back into the same position with buying a 1070...

No real avenues for success; plus I have to sell the 970 and I'd have to post it online as I live in a rural area where PC enthusiasts are far and in between

Asked this question on other forums but I figured I'd ask you what you guys thought about my predicament...

I have an MSI ME100 970...runs everything well at 2560 x 1080...

However, at the time I was looking for a bigger monitor this LG 29 inch FreeSync monitor popped up for sale at $230 and I had to jump on it even though i already owned a 970 which doesn't support FreeSync...

Should I sell my 970 and wait for Polaris to take advantage of FreeSync or is FreeSync not really a big enough deal to do something like that?

FreeSync or G-Sync is not a big deal with 60Hz 1080p monitor and your current graphics card.   

I would run the 970,.. till you see exactly what Polaris offers down the road after it's released and reviewed.

Edited by Braegnok