Portable Heatsink (and World's Coldest iPod)

So I got bore. (The start of many a dangerous statement in my life.)

Decided to make a portable heatsink. Teflon Tape prevents scratching and conducts heat relatively well.

So I soldered a USB cable to a PWM splitter, throw dual 120mm fans on a Hyper 212+... And put it on an iPod shuffle.

Thought you guys could use your daily laugh.

JcJFc8b.jpg

PS- Yeah, you can use teflon tape for a portable heatsink. Keeps glass safe snf transfers heat. No joke, good for phones and random devices that get too hot. But mostly good for boredom.

Lol, definitely an interesting creation. It seems like this would be really neat for benchmarking phones that have metal bodies for heat dissipation, and seeing how high they can be overclocked before they start to crash. :) Maybe a possible experiment if you happen to have such a device?

Lol, definitely an interesting creation. It seems like this would be really neat for benchmarking phones that have metal bodies for heat dissipation, and seeing how high they can be overclocked before they start to crash. :) Maybe a possible experiment if you happen to have such a device?

Sorry, only plastic phones. Although most of their heat dissipates through the glass anyways, which is why I just place this on the screen.

Although I will say this sits almost full time on my router, which has a weird, gel-ish body that holds most of it's heat. I have noticed the surface is cold to the touch but lack any hardware to do an accurate testing of it's efficacy.

Edited by TheyCallMeGunny