Tackle the Imperial Walkers on Hoth in the Gameplay Trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront

bp9801

news38895_1-tackle_the_imperial_walkers_

EA started off its E3 Press Conference on a big note, by showing off Mass Effect: Andromeda, and also ended it on just as big of one, with gameplay footage of Star Wars: Battlefront. We started things off by seeing the footage from April, but then shifted to all-new and all running on a PlayStation 4. Some of the footage hops between the Rebellion and Empire, but all of it is from the PS4. We get taken to the ice planet of Hoth, where the Rebellion has to fend off an Imperial attack, complete with AT-ATs and AT-STs. Oh, and some TIE Fighters, too. The Rebellion is not without its own ships, as the T-47 Snowspeeder and T-65 X-Wing try to stave off the attack. We also get orbital bombardments from the Star Destroyers above Hoth, so there's more than just the action on the planets you'll have to worry about. And then there are one or two surprises near the end.

The foot soldiers are viewed from both first and third-person views, along with the fighters, while the massive AT-AT has multiple views to let you rain down some destruction. All of it makes for some intense Star Wars action, with epic battles and intense fights awaiting you. Star Wars: Battlefront arrives November 17, 2015, for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Source: EA's E3 Press Conference

Back to original news post

The trailer for this looks amazing.

Totally. Explosive battles, ton of action, everything sounds and looks how it should. November's going to be a busy month between this and Fallout 4.

Mouse and keyboard. It's mostly FPS, although piloting the ships may be a little funky unless the controls are solid for those.

Yeah, the fllying is the part I was thinking of. I always had trouble with a smooth banking turn when flying if I used mouse/kb. I was thinking of using a pad for that. Just mulling it over, lol after watching the video.

Yeah, same, lol. Have a controller or joystick hooked up just for the flying would probably work. I would have to imagine the vehicle controls can be setup separately from the on-foot controls.