First Performance Numbers Released for GeForce GTX TITAN X

gebraset

I spent $100 on a used GTX660Ti last year and I haven't met a game I can't run on high/ultra...  A grand for a gfx card? Feck dat. For $999 I can build two more gaming rigs exactly like mine.   But I'm a frugal bastard, so meh. lol

Thats cuz your playing at 1680x1050!  :cheers:

If you get the chance to play at higher resolutions using mare screen real estate then you will understand the allure.  I use a 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor for gaming but can use a 32 inch 4K monitor. The GTX 660Ti will not cut it in either scenario!

You don't need a high dollar card to game......You need a high dollar card to game at high resolutions with high settings.  You dont need a corvette to commute to work but its so much more fun.  

I spent $100 on a used GTX660Ti last year and I haven't met a game I can't run on high/ultra...  A grand for a gfx card? Feck dat. For $999 I can build two more gaming rigs exactly like mine.   But I'm a frugal bastard, so meh. lol

Thats cuz your playing at 1680x1050!  :cheers:

If you get the chance to play at higher resolutions using mare screen real estate then you will understand the allure.  I use a 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor for gaming but can use a 32 inch 4K monitor. The GTX 660Ti will not cut it in either scenario!

You don't need a high dollar card to game......You need a high dollar card to game at high resolutions with high settings.  You dont need a corvette to commute to work but its so much more fun.  

Couldn't argue with that if I tried.  :P I play at 1920x1080 on a 22" acer flat panel.  Not crazy big, but it's as big as I desire.  It's actually a recent upgrade for me, about a year ago I was playing 1600x900 on a 17" :P

ya that's not bad, but I'd guess your average is high 40's, low 50's.  field of view is turned way down, mesh quality medium, and 2x aa.  With those turned up and you're able to truly say it's ultra, then your average would be 30's like the reviews have said.  All that matters is that you are happy with it, and that it works for you, but it's a bit misleading when you say your 660ti plays all these games at 60 on max settings.

Edited by Fight Game

ya that's not bad, but I'd guess your average is high 40's, low 50's.  field of view is turned way down, mesh quality medium, and 2x aa.  With those turned up and you're able to truly say it's ultra, then your average would be 30's like the reviews have said.  All that matters is that you are happy with it, and that it works for you, but it's a bit misleading when you say your 660ti plays all these games at 60 on max settings.

Yeah I suppose I'm not "true" Ultra, the post effects aren't cranked to their absolute maximum.   The Mesh setting actually doesn't really have an effect on FPS (At least none that I noticed) but I did notice that, for whatever reason, it's easier to see enemies with it set to Medium (I may just be a crazy asshole), hence why it's set to medium. 

And I've never touched the Field of View settings...  That's the default it installed with.  I did run the Nvidia Optimization on it, but that only added the anti aliasing, it was initially off.    I also noticed that for whatever reason (and I dont know for how long) my ASUS GPU Tweak tool has reverted to default settings... I did have it overclocked a bit.  Maybe I'll crank that up again and re-shoot the video.

Was a little low in dense smoke and dust/fog but I attribute that to high recording settings...  

Currently running tests and the original Titan is running 24FPS using the Ultra preset at 3840x2160!  :wave: