[SOLD] MSI R9 290x Gaming 4g "Like new" *sold*

Sanosuke_Sagara

I don't have any comment on the sale but...this is yet another thread that hits home in a freakish way...I just recently took back up watching Rurouni Kenshin to finish it.

Not to thread-crap, but a 290X will crossfire with a 290 (non-X) without any problems at all.

Still, bump for good deal!

$250 *sold*

I originally had a regular R9 290, and when the fans died on it I used the warranty and they they sent back a like new (maybe even brand new..) R9 290x Gamer from MSI. I am currently running it in my system and it passes all benchmarks and passes all heavy distributed computing (like Litecoin mining).

I will also provide the invoice to the card, which shows to where MSI swapped out my R9 290 to an R9 290x and the orginal shipping retail box they sent it in, which looks "new" and has the serial number and model number sticker new on both the card and retail box.

I am willing to meet up, for up to about a 30 minute drive (Wilmington NC).. or I have no problem shipping it as I still have all the packaging from MSI.

I was orginally running crossfire R9 290's so in the picture there are 2 cards, but I am actually just selling 1, which is the R9 290x Gaming 4G because it no longer crossfire's with my R9 290 due to being a different model.

IMG_20150103_162544_zpsdd80903c.jpg

IMG_20150103_162603_zps709983e1.jpg

IMG_20141113_213819_zps9a3c1ab4.jpg

Edited by Sanosuke_Sagara

pending sell to member:  

My_Time

I still can't believe all of you members are still around!!!!  its been over 10 years now!!!  we are all senior members, thanks for the bumps!  I sold this one quick....  "My_Time" is a lucky person... because this card is mint... and it passes stress tests and benchmarks with flying colors and record breaking scores...  

I thought it would work with a regular 290 as well Waco!!!  but it doesn't =( I looked at a chart from AMD and it says you can only crossfire of the exact same type, so a a 290x needs to go with another 290x, and a 290 with another 290.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Crossfire-Chart.aspx

I have another warranty return here soon from MSI... I am going to flip the hell out if they gave me ANOTHER 290x, because i just sold this one..... and I could have had a 290x crossfire setup....

Odd, I'm surprised they broke that kind of compatibility (my last AMD card was a 7970 which still followed the "within the same series" rule).  Congrats on the quick sale, and yeah, we're all getting old these days. :)