PowerColor R9 285 Turbo Duo Reviewed

bp9801

War, I reread a couple of time to make sure I haven't overlooked, but seeing your post comforts me.

The naming scheme is crap with AMD in these times. R7... R9... 2x0, 2x5. Is it only a feature set that changes the last digit from 0 to 5? Faster chips with more shaders usually goes from 280 to 280x.

People were complaining with nVidia that the naming was silly, but AMD brought it to a whole new level.

No mention of TrueAudio, does this chips supports it? Also, AMD speaking of Freesync is idiotic at this point, since there is no hardware available yet.

True Audio is supported and well Freesync if it happens it is supported. This card is basically an HD 7950/ R9 280 that has less memory and runs more efficiently in a smaller form factor. 

True Audio is supported and well Freesync if it happens it is supported. This card is basically an HD 7950/ R9 280 that has less memory and runs more efficiently in a smaller form factor.

With some cool delta compression techniques to save memory bandwidth. :)

I just upgraded a buddy a week ago from a GTX 285, he texted me last night saying how did I get my card so early did I have a prototype lmao

LOL, now that needs to get forwarded to AMD's marketing department. AMD, now promoting 5 generation old Nvidia video cards.

Agreed