2560x1440 Gaming Build - AMD or Intel

NikoDG

Yeah, I'm kind of stuck there though. The only ventilation in the lower compartment is provided by two 80mm fans. Really, it's just the PSU and HDD/SSD's, so I'm sure something low flow would be sufficient. I'd just rather not let the air stagnate down there. The SilenX EF 80mm fan is rated at 25CFM, and 12DBA at 1,400 RPM. Better stats then the fan I listed earlier.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn those Noctuas are expensive, I think I'll grab some lower performance fans :lol:

For a fan controller how about the NZXT Sentry 2? Does anyone have any experience with it? Would two 140mm fans at ~1,200RPM run off 10W?

Edited by NikoDG

Edited original post with what I hope will be the final build. What do you guys think?

I found an old OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB I can use for steam, and an OCZ Vertex 3 60GB I can use for caching. Shouldn't need to buy another SSD for a while.

Edit: The PSU is about 3 years old, is there any way I can test it to make sure it's still running strong and won't fry anything? Should I consider replacing it?

Edited by NikoDG

Unless you're already having problems with it, I wouldn't worry about the power supply.  Your current power supply should be just fine.

As for the build, overall it looks great and I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of it.  Performance should be top notch.

Awesome, what would you suggest for a fan setup? I'm thinking 2x140mm on back of HDD caddies to blow air over GPUs, then 2x140mm on the side as exhaust pulling the then hot air away from the GPUs, then a 120mm intake on the bottom, a 140mm exhaust on the back, and then my Kraken X60 on top with 4x140mm fans in push pull exhausting. Is there room for push pull btw (about 77mm)?

Edited by NikoDG

Check my hardware specs to understand the gear I've got running.  I've got my cooling configured as follows;

2x120mm push / exhaust out the top through my radiator (unlikely there is room for push / pull dual fan configuration unless you can find some really slim fans like the Aerocool Sharks)

2x120mm front / intake

1x140mm back / exhaust

I've left both of the OEM included 120mm internal fans connected and blowing towards my video cards

I have used twin 120mm and 140mm fans in the side window, but they didn't make much difference in GPU temps - likely because I'm still using the two internal 120mm fans that connect to the backside of the hard drive cage.

Since I've removed the side panel fans, I've rotated the window so the perforations are up front and I can get a better view of all the nice gear inside the case.

Here is a link to my original build log;

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=195521&hl=corsair+c70

I'm thinking two 140mm Akasa Apache Blacks for the X60 radiator in pull exhausting out the top. Then red LED AeroCool Sharks on the side and front (two 120mm intakes in front, two 140mm exhaust on the side). Then two black 140mm AeroCool Sharks, one as a bottom mounted intake, the other as a rear mounted exhaust.

All the fans will be attached to a controller so I can drop them down to silent levels, and they should still move a metric f**k ton of air :P