Kraken G10 liquid cooling solution

jimbo312

I have been looking at the new NZXT Kraken G10 and wonder if by the time i buy a new cpu cooler to use with it would it be worth the money and would it cool as good as a custom liquid cooling loop?  Considered getting one of these with maybe a corsair h110 or maybe kraken x60 if i can figure out how to mounte it at the top of my case.  There is only one review on the product at this point so it may take some time to learn the pros and cons of this product.  What are your thoughts on this product?

If your going to put water on your GPU,.. a custom liquid cooling loop with full cover blocks is the best way to go.

Like you said the G10 has not been reviewed or tested so it's hard to say how well it truly works,.. it is a nifty idea.

Personally,.. I would stick with stock cooler or go full custom.

Edited by Braegnok

that would be the only reason i would go with it just because it makes it so simple to liquid cool it.  also have never done a complete custom liquid cooling loop so have no idea on the cost of it.

Edited by jimbo312

Custom loops can be vary expensive and require a lot of planning,.. but are fun to build if you enjoy tinkering and have the time.

I use these two sites mostly for parts,.. you can make a list of parts and run it by everyone for feed back or helpful information. 

Performance PC :http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

Frozen CPU : http://www.frozencpu.com/

Also if you were thinking about going with the KraKen G10 set up,.. perhaps going with a 120MM or 140MM in your rear exhaust fan location would work,.. kind of like the old Asus Aries II cards.

Edited by Braegnok

well i already have my rear exhaust used by my h80i which isn't compatible with the kraken g10. my case is NZXT Phantom and it has 2 x 200mm fnas on top and came with brackets that i think i could mount a single 240mm rad or 2 120 mm rads.  i would like to have to room for an sli/crossfire setup so hate to go with a 240 mm rad.  so i may have to get a 120mm closed loop cooler or just get a different case like a corsair 900d or something like that.  its just that case is so high...

I do not think your GTX 550 Ti is compatible with the Kraken G10,..  the compatibility list is based on AMD Radeon and NVIDIA's reference board layout only, unless your planning on upgrading your card.  

NVIDIA : GTX 780, 770, 760, Titan, 680, 670, 660Ti, 580, 570, 560Ti, 560, 560SE. 

AMD : R9-290X, 270X, HD 7870, 7850, 6970, 6950, 6870, 6850, 6790, 6770, 5870, 5850, 5830.

Edited by Braegnok

I would try to steer away from that Kraken G10. It looks cool but there is no cooling in there for the VRM, mosfet or ram chips on the GPU. Thats bad news waiting to happen. Also there is no reinforcement on the GPU backing that I can see. What I would do if I were you is wait till you get the 290x. Get a waterblock and backing plate from EK (ek copper block only IMHO) and set up a custom loop from there. Chances are you will only need a decent triple 120 radiator, mcp655 pump, Bay or EK res, processor block and then you are all custom looped out.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.