Need a new storage setup

Black64

So currently I have 5 hard drives in my main PC(not counting my SSD). I mainly use 2 (2TB) drives for sharing media projects, CAD and PS work projects and the like on my LAN. the other 3 drives are for solely backup.  (it's easier then putting them in the drive) I am now out of SATA ports and HDD caddies in my case and mobo and I would like to get the extra HDDs out of my PC. I really only want my SSD in the case. Here is what my options are. I have about 4.5TB used already, and I am adding constantly getting more data at about 1TB a year.

1. buy 4 HDD external enclouses and connect them to LAN, using something like this? 

2. Buy 2 4TB external drives and sell my 4 other HDDs and connect them to LAN, using something like this? 

3. Buy a cheap desktop PC on eBay and install all 4 hard drives and connect the PC to LAN. (this seems like a good option, but space is limited and I don't want another Mouse+Keyboard+monitor anywhere)

Any help is great!

Hey Black... if it were me I'd go with the external enclosure, but depending on your budget you might consider a full blown NAS solution.  

There's another option if you go with a stand alone server tower.  You can use an application like UltraVNC for remote administration.  You don't need another Mouse, Keyboard or Monitor.  You will just view and administer your stand alone server using UltraVNC and your existing mouse, keyboard and monitor.  The cool thing is that you can remote in to your server from either LAN side or WAN side.

There are other similar apps and methods out there, I just prefer UltraVNC.