Makarov's 2013 build

makarov

Hello everyone 

So after much debate i managed to convince my IT teacher and both my parents it was a good idea to build a computer as a project  :no:

The computer will be used for a bit of everything. watching movies, playing games, surfing the net, the odd bit of video editing and the like.

I'm planning to buy all the parts from Pc Case gear which is the cheapest store I've found that ships to Tasmania cheaply.  

The objectives of the chosen hardware is: reliability and upgradeablity. 

PSU: Corsair CX-600 Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K

MOB: ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

SSD: Crucial M4 SSD 128GB not quite 100% sure on this one. But i hear most SSD's are about the same, just pick a good brand and you'll be right? 

HDD: ive got 3 old 80gb hard drives that i was thinking about raiding together would it be better to do software raid in windows or through the bios?

OS: Windows seven home premium 64 bit...i tried the windows 8 preview and not sure whether i like it or not.

I don't really have the need for a optical drive get most of my games of steam...ill have to scavenge one from a computer at school for installing windows 

CASE OPTION 1: Corsair Carbide 200R Compact ATX Case 

CASE OPTION 2: ARC MIDI R2  

And yes because it is a school project i will be putting up a work log on the forums 

feel free to comment

Makarov

Edited by makarov

Budget is about $900

I thought I would just stick with the stock cooler for now since I won't be doing any overclocking. I probably will overclock in the future but then ill put in a hyper 212 evo. Shouldn't be to hard with the CPU cutouts now days. And besides is cold in tassie.

I'm looking to upgrading to a graphics card at a later date. As at the moment I don't even have a 1080p monitor in the house. Even the tv is 720p

so the intergrated should get me by.