9800 Pro Problems

MyDaDdY

I need to know why when I am playing need for speed underground. the game slows down and speeds up continueously. i have the LATEST drivers for radeon.

I set openGL and D3D to the 4/5 notch which is high quality. Maybe if I get someone tweaks for the card? Here are my comp specs also, not sure why I am having this trouble w/ this comp:

Radeon 9800 PRO

Barton 3000+ XP

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

1024 MB Kingston HyperX DDR PC3500

Any help will be greatly appreciated

try going back to the 3.7 drivers. They're the most stable. It's most likely the new driver set that's having issues. Never update to the newest video drivers when they first come out. there's always gliches.

I need to know why when I am playing need for speed underground. the game slows down and speeds up continueously. i have the LATEST drivers for radeon.

I set openGL and D3D to the 4/5 notch which is high quality. Maybe if I get someone tweaks for the card? Here are my comp specs also, not sure why I am having this trouble w/ this comp:

Radeon 9800 PRO

Barton 3000+ XP

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

1024 MB Kingston HyperX DDR PC3500

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Did you set the card up right ? , Try using some else's drivers asides ATi's like Omega or 3d driver's ( 3ddriver.com) or (omegaconer.com) , those come with tweaks and stuff , Have you oc'ed the card ?? Also try setting the settings to high proformance instead.

(also turn V-sync off and True form off ) I have ati 9800 AIW , It works great in need for speed and other games.

Edited by Shadowfactor

He may not have enough power for the 9800 Pro card. What kind of PSU is in that system? Drivers never caused lockups in my experience, lack of power did.

what is the wattage on your PSU.. you need at leat a 350W PSU.. they say 300 but i doubt it.. i would say 350.. make shure your not running programs in the backround.. do a C-A-Del and see if anything is taking up cpu percentage or load.. whatever :P

it works fine on my 9700 PRO with the new drivers. Make shure your not overclocking the card

If you check in the read me that comes with the game, sometimes there have

been known problems with high end radeon cards, I have a 9800Pro and this is

the only game I have problems with. Plays great in my Sons TI4200 :)

Do you have problems with other games.