Worries about MB fitting Case

Hey guys!

So I have an ASUS Rampage III Extreme mobo based system which used to be in a Chieftec Aegis case. After buying a new GPU though (Vapor-x 7970 3GB) the temps inside the case started getting a bit too hot for comfort (mainly due to my superhot i7 [email protected], but every new product with a bigger heat signature adds to this). So I decided to go for a new case and I made it a Bitfenix Survivor - not the best performer but I figured that the size, style and big handlebar for transportation would be worth it.

Little had it occurred to me at the time of purchase, that the R3E is an eATX form factor MB (well, not technically since it has regular ATX mounting holes, just that it's a bit longer than normal ATX boards) so I was in for a very nasty surprise mid-Build as I discovered that the R3E doesn't fit the Survivor. Okay, technically it did fit but not as it is intended - the indent for the MB in the case is too small so the extra inches now rest higher than the mounting brackets would allow. I worked around this by not mounting the MB on the 3 rightmost brackets at all and only half-screwing in the middle brackets. Before you even tell me, I know this is a big no-no for the MB, as it adds unwanted stress to the board.

SO here's my problem - paranoia!
1) Should I just leave the rig as it is? The build went nicely otherwise and the system looks sleek and stylish because the fit is really ridiculously tight (1mm space between HDD frame and MB edge). I did some heat-testing and benching and the MB seems to be working fine, I'm just scared whether the extra bend in the MB will prove fatal for the MB in the long run.
2) .. OR buy a new case? If so, which one should I buy? I don't like FullTowers and practically no midTowers officially support eATX these days. I did some research and came up with the following cases that I'm thinking about. What I ask of you is comments on experience with trying to fit an extended MB in any of these bad boys:
--
Corsair Carbide 500R
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
Cooler Master 690II Advanced (don't really like it)
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

EDiT: Cooler Master HAF 922 (probably my favorite but also unsure about the extra space for the MB)

EDiT: Feel free to add more cases to the list if you think I missed a good contender (600T?)

Thanks! rockout.gif

Edited by moskwiz

Do you have the extra molex plugs plugged into the board?   If you do another factor you need to look into is clearance with a bottom mounted powersupply.   The R3E and 950 are a great combo, i had my setup in a lain li full tower with a custom danger den water loop.

Yup, I have the extra power plugged in and the that's a good observation.. It was a serious pain gettin the extra molex to reach the MB with the Bitfenix build (literally another mm shorter and it would not have reached it).. Anyway, I did some more research and it turns out that the Corsair 600T is perhaps my best bet (as this picture nicely demonstrates - http://imageshack.us/f/819/1002594d.jpg/). Since the RIIIE is not a true eATX, rather just a longer board with normal ATX screwholes, the main requirement from a case is that it doesn't have an indent for the ATX form factor MB's.. So as long there is sufficient space, any bigger mATX case should do the job.. 600T being a brilliant example..

But feel free to give me any last-minute thoughts.. I'll probably go ahead and order the 600T in the morning.

lol, answering my own questions =D