USB or Analog Headset with ALC1200 onboard SC

dasrasimus

Hey guys - I am having a really tough time deciding whether to buy a USB headset or an analog headset. Right now I am looking at the Logitech G35 or G930 (USB) but I can't pull the trigger because I want to make sure that I am getting the best sound quality / $$.

My on board sound card is an ALC1200 and I am wondering if there is a better analog headset for <$180 or so that I could get that would be better than using a USB headset with my onboard sound card.

Or should i just bite the bullet and get the Sennheiser PC360s with an ASUS sound card: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Channel-Sound-Card-XONAR_DG/dp/B0045JHJSS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1G0I22083MMB6&coliid=I1LDW0HST97HJR

Any suggestions on what headset would be better or if I should stick with USB given my on board SC is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by dasrasimus

For USB I would get either the Cosair Vengeance 1500 or the Steelseries Siberia v2.

If you want to keep under budget look at the Plantronics Gamecon stuff which is a great value. If you want to spend some more again I refer you back to the Steelseries Siberia v2 which can also be gotten as analog.

I own the Corsiar S1100 behind the ear headset. The plastic structuring on the headset is weak and the left hinge snapped after light usage. Do Note I also have a small head....

Corsair Vengeance seems to have good reviews. 

I also own the Steelseries Siberia v2, my complaint for it is that the cushions degrades over time so now my right year touches the inside of my right earphone... It gets really uncomfortable after extended periods of use so that's why I bought the corsair S1100 which is great but has poor build quality...