NV1DDMKS.sys

Queenz

Someone please help me!

I was sitting doing homework on my rig and all of a sudden the screen goes black and flickers. A few minutes pass and the screen doesn't come back on. The all of a sudden it does and I get a BSOD that says something about NV1DDMKS.sys. I restarted the computer and it freezes at the boot logo screen then shuts down and turns back on itself and the boot logo is extremely pixelated and distorted. Then it makes it to windows logo then everything completely goes blank again where I see a BSOD. Booting into safe mode it completely makes it to windows without a problem.

Things I've done to try and fix it:

1. Reinstalled drivers and deleted old drivers.

2. Reverted back to old drivers

3. Updated to new drivers

4. Replaced nv1ddmks.sys file

5. Took out the video card and reinstalled it and cleaned contacts and checked out psu connections and switched slots.

6. Reinstalled windows

7. Tried different monitors

8. I basically tried everything

I tried everything and nothing works. The cooling temps are great at 36C and has never overheated. The fact that the screen is pixelated in the bios screen boot logo shows me that its a hardware related issue and not software.

Any ideas???

Other than formatting windows entirely. I would say that you might want to try and run off your integrated graphics and boot into windows normally. If that doesn't work, then it is definitely windows, and formatting windows will be your best best in solving the issue.

If it does work, then still try formatting windows and pray that it works. If formatting windows doesn't work, then your video card might be toast. I doubt that your video card went kaput, but the way in which it happened makes me think that it could be hardware related.

Lastly it could be a virus. I don't know what you were doing when you were doing your homework, but if you were on the internet, then it could be that a virus may have deleted your sys file.

Other than formatting windows entirely.

DO NOT DO THIS.

This isn't a Windows issue. If you have another GPU try that or just boot with integrated to start with your GPU unplugged (removed from the board as well to avoid PCIe power).

Check for leaks on your GPU block! A small leak could easily cause an issue like this.

DO NOT DO THIS.

Considering it won't get worse by formatting windows, then it shouldn't be ruled out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/201437-bsod-windows-7-x64-nvlddmkm-sys-dxgkrnl-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html

I found this that explains that it is software related. I personally have no idea how water damage would do something like this. Now if safe mode didn't work, then I would agree, but since it does, then I SERIOUSLY doubt that water shorted it out.