CrossFire and SLI

Ummm, you can CF and SLI different models. A 580 can SLI with a 570 and a 6950 will CF with a 6970.

The higher card just down tunes it self to be like the lesser card

Also you can CF and SLI with different manufacturers, I had a EVGA and BFG 8800GT SLI in my system for while.

Check your facts.

LINK

ANOTHER LINK

By manufacturers i meant AMD/nVidia, so i was a little vague there, and AMD can be crossfired within the same family (69x0,79x0, 77x0)

By manufacturers i meant AMD/nVidia, so i was a little vague there, and AMD can be crossfired within the same family (69x0,79x0, 77x0)

This stuff can be confusing, That's why I try to avoid CF and SLI as much as I can :lol: . Sorry, Didn't mean to bash you there on that post. :cheers:

Edited by Black64

And just for the OP, using an Nvidia card for PhysX with an AMD card used to be possible with hacked/modded drivers but it is really too much effort to even consider it now-a-days

Thank you for that, I agree it probably would be a bit too much work, but +1 anyway :)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately no, you cannot crossfire or sli between card manufacturers, between series (eg a 580 and a 480) or between models (580 and 570)

If you get a Higher spec Nvidia card, you can use your 8600GTS for PhysX, you will not need to use the SLI bridge, however, a 8600 GTS will not be of any benificial performance when used for PhysX, in fact, it will probably slow down the system.Ngame's Pockie Pirates tells a story about pirates, but you never get to the depth until you play the game.

crossfire,i know little about this.give me more suggestions

Edited by Volunteer13