Is this a bus line where I need to put my hsf backplate screw in?

I have a m-ATX Asus P5KPL-CM. I'm installing a CoolerMaster 212 plus heatsink fan, which comes with a mounting backplate.

Picture: m8sPJ.jpg

Those lines (I think they're called bus lines?) go directly underneath all the stand-off screws.

Is this okay, or should I not install this heatsink fan?

Edited by leiag

Wow! Normally those mounting holes are routed around...I wouldn't put any screws or nuts directly in contact with the board there. You could probably get away with silicone washers to shield the board from damage though.

EDIT: Here's a better shot:

big_photo.jpg

It's close. I'd definitely use some washers to avoid damages the traces.

Wow! Normally those mounting holes are routed around...I wouldn't put any screws or nuts directly in contact with the board there. You could probably get away with silicone washers to shield the board from damage though.

EDIT: Here's a better shot:

It's close. I'd definitely use some washers to avoid damages the traces.

Thanks for finding the better pic :). I unscrewed the stand-offs, there's a layer of insulating tape. Will that be sufficient?

Edited by leiag

Yeah, that's kind of close. I would definitely at least use one of the plastic/paper shim things - if I recall, the 212 should have some things that you peel the back off of them and they are adhesive. You don't want to use anything too thick because it could throw off the heatsink/CPU interaction.

Edit: The "insulating tape" should do the trick, I would just be sure that when the standoff "twists" in that it twist/tear the tape open.