MSI 990fxa-gd65 bios issues?

OK so today I decided to do a bios update on my brothers PC to try and get is to work more stable ( he gets random post issues ), so I decided to update tie bios from the J1 to the J8 version and everything went fine until I loaded the new bios. When it loaded everything slowed down to a crawl and I mean crawl, I then decided to flash the bios back to the J1 version until I can get a solution for the slowness and so far it's been 10mins and only 5% done flashing. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

his specs are :

1055t

msi 990fxa gd65

4x2Gb ram

6950 2gb

The last thing I'd do with a board being wonky is flashing the BIOS...I wouldn't power it off if I were you, it'll likely brick it.

Does it have a backup BIOS? I'm not familiar with that specific board.

I am currently waiting patiently of the original bios to be flashed back, not going near the power button and as far as I know the board does not have a dual bios system.

Everything is back to the way it was before I did the flashing, btw I unplugged his Roccat Kave headset every thing sped up considerably...

Everything is back to the way it was before I did the flashing, btw I unplugged his Roccat Kave headset every thing sped up considerably...

Probably a driver issue with the headphones.. Anyway, I have a MSI 890fx gd-65 and it does have the dual bios feature. Only flash thru BIOS, not any software, but I'm guessing you know that. I had no issues upgrading my bios. I now have AM3+ capability, same as 990fx.