My first AR-15 build (pics)

Gr4vitas

The 'fun' switch isn't as good as this if you ask me

http://www.slidefire.com/

gives you more control on how you fire your rounds imo... You can choose to keep the trigger down and bump fire it, or you can fire single or burst, and transition a lot quicker than flipping the switch...

Yea but for the cost...those things are ridiculously over priced. Besides anything besides semi auto is useless anyway.

The 'fun' switch isn't as good as this if you ask me

http://www.slidefire.com/

gives you more control on how you fire your rounds imo... You can choose to keep the trigger down and bump fire it, or you can fire single or burst, and transition a lot quicker than flipping the switch...

I've never heard of this. So with your non trigger hand you have to push away from yourself? That seems odd. Interesting concept though. Might be fun.

also, where did you order your parts?

Lots of different places, you can't really order all your parts from one place unfortunately.

Don't ask me why but it just seems as though while one site has handguards barrels and upper recievers, it may not have stocks and lower recievers or lower reciever parts etc or something and the other way around.

Some places sell everything but barrels, others everything but upper recievers. It was annoying coming from building computers where I can literally order everything from once place.

But if you want to know some places to start looking around:

www.aimsurplus.com often times has great deals

www.Midwayusa.com has a ton of stuff

www.bravocompanyusa.com

www.brownells.com

Best thing you can do is go over to ar15.com and start studying.

It's very hard to find guns / gun parts of just about any kind in stock. The whole democratic president and failing economy and potential end of world (lol) has everyone buying guns and ammo left and right.

It's currently near impossible to buy ammo, and its tripled in price since 2008, along with everything else gun related. Hopefully 2013 we can start buying guns / gun parts and ammo again for decent prices and it'll be back in stock.

Yeah it takes the bump firing concept and puts it into a stock basically.... 100% legal for civilan use.

Also I have seen ammo prices start to drop more recently... I think they are finally catching up with the demand. Just the other day I saw a bunch of 9mm (like 500rds) that was on sale...