New AMD rig to overclock an unlocked 960T w/ too many questions!?

The ram may be stable and it is likely the imc being overstressed on the chip itself. Try raising the core voltage a little and see if that clears up your instability. If not then i would just back down the memory.

Yes it seems to be working. I think it's because the oc'd ram needs to benefit from the incerased perofrmance by the oc'd nb which needs more juice to keep it stable.

+1 for what Boinker says, you won't see any real world difference by oc'ing the ram .:biggrin:

well since i've alreadyu invested ins some time ind doing this might as well finish it...

• 3 weeks later...

so i finally was able to get three stable ram configurations using Prime95 Blend for over 36+ hours.

1587 8-8-8-15-33-2T @ 1.61V

1760 9-9-9-15-40-2T @ 1.53V

1768 9-9-9-15-40-2T @ 1.64V

I also compared several timings, keeping the NB/HT speed as close as possible, but some ram configurations seem to do better or worse in certain timing settings.

SO it woudl help me out alot to know in terms of ram performance what is better/most important in order of: Read, Write, Copy or Latency?

• 2 weeks later...

Sicne my last post i decided to move on past the ram configs. they seem to be stable between those ranges...i also was keeping the HT around 2000-2200 @ 1.20-1.25V

next, I did some general testing for the NB frequency combinations.

This is just a general range:

NB: 3000 - 3072 @ 1.287500V - 1.350000V

HT: 2000 - 2048 @ 1.20V-1.25V

RAM: 1667 - 1707 @ ~1.55V

NB: 2982 - 3080 @ 1.287500V - 1.350000V

HT: 2130 - 2190 @ 1.20V-1.25V

RAM: 1704 - 1760 @ ~1.55V - ~1.60V

How many hours should I test it for?

Because IME i found that if the NB is usntable in windows it'll freeze within 4 hours, anywhere from the 5th minute mark, or 20 minute mark, 1 hour or little over 3 hours.

If it's quickly noticeably unstable it will not boot into windows.

Edited by Stealth3si

wow....i stress tested since last nite and my load temps this afternoon went up to 59C becaus of summer weather and now near sunset the weather is cooling down and the load temp is now 54C

this is seriously going to hurt my final stable OC!

somehow i have to find a way to reduce the load temps...will update later. on...

prime95 small fft crashed shortly (with no errors) prior to the 11th hour. :(

I'm going to give vcore one bump up to ensure 24/7 stability and then proceed on to blend test...

Edited by Stealth3si

i re-enabled LLC and did voltage offset by .1.

idle volts dramatically decreased.

load volts slightly increased.

both idle and load temps noticeably decreased.

i'm 3 hrs 50min into Prime95 blend.

Frankly, I think the original questions to this thread has already been answered for the most part. Granted, I've sort of trailed off into overclocking a little while back ago so I'll wrap this up with this:

Thank you all for your patience and answers to my questions. I got what I needed to know about the entire process.

All there is left for me to do is to stabilize my final OC, which I believe deserves its own separate thread for organizational purposes...