Good Flow Sensor/Temperature Probe/ Fan Controller Set-Up

NikoDG

The ideal fan controller will need to report the temp, and fan rpms. The temp sensor will need to be compatible with the fan controller, ie ohm rated identical to the temp sensors sold with the fan controller. I have a Kaze Master Ace with the bits power temp sensor. I tested it at ambient temps to ensure it works, but have not put it through its paces on account that I am still waiting for shipment of another sensor and two q block fittings. The rpm reading will be perfect for fan and pump control. The pump in my sys is connected to the cpu fan header on the mobo though giving the option to enable temp control or max control through bios and the option to sound the alarm if the pump stops etc... I can not see a purpose to using the actual lph data. I see the rpm data and if I need the pump to operate faster set the pump to max and the rpm data increases letting me know the pump is operating faster. If the fans are louder than the pump then the rpm data from software or the manual flow indicator will tell me the pump is operating.

If there are not enough bays there is a controller which works outside the case and is two bays tall and operates as an alarm clock. The board works on usb not pci etc.... so unless the board of the sys uses all the cases slot openings then it will not conflict with reducing the possibility of filling one slot with a pci board etc...

The koolance controller just uses the pci slot as a mount as Paul mentioned it also mounts in bay slots and technically you could custom mount wherever.

It can also pair with an additional board allowing you to control a second pump and plenty more fans and not to mention more temp sensors than you could throw a dead cat at

The koolance controller just uses the pci slot as a mount as Paul mentioned it also mounts in bay slots and technically you could custom mount wherever.

It can also pair with an additional board allowing you to control a second pump and plenty more fans and not to mention more temp sensors than you could throw a dead cat at

A dead cat? Never heard that one before :lol:

Btw, where do you normally mount temperature probes? I know you aren't supposed to mount then under the waterblocks as they will stop it from transferring heat properly. I'm thinking maybe three or four water temperature sensors as it's a pretty large loop, but don't really know where the best place to mount the dry sensors would be.

A dead cat? Never heard that one before :lol:

Btw, where do you normally mount temperature probes? I know you aren't supposed to mount then under the waterblocks as they will stop it from transferring heat properly. I'm thinking maybe three or four water temperature sensors as it's a pretty large loop, but don't really know where the best place to mount the dry sensors would be.

Ambient temps, HDDs are some places.

Both of what? TMS-205 and the MCP655-B are not the same things.

Please frame your question properly if as I assume you are, talking about the koolance rebranded d5 pump with tacho. Then yes the swiftech pump should work fine.

Also from memory performancepcs is the cheapest place to grab the pumps.

Yeah, sorry, I meant that the TMS-205 could control a Swiftech D5 rather than a Koolance D5. I already have two MCP655-B's so it'd be a waste to go and get two Koolance PMP-450's.