Power Supply Affecting GPU Performance?

That's true; though it's harder to get LED's with a temperature of 6500k and a CRI of 98, but for a small monitor it's the preferred choice.

Well that aint true, it is very easy to get LEDs with specific temps and very specific cri. In fact IIRC there are quite a few led strips and panels sold and marketed for use with TVs that sitin the 6000k-6500k range.

There is the antec halo bias lighting and again IIRC it has a 5500k temp. It very cheap, very low powered, increadibly easy to install, takes up no room and mounts to the monitor and is powered by a USB port..... Now that there IMHO is the better option.

You got a multimeter?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that aint true, it is very easy to get LEDs with specific temps and very specific cri. In fact IIRC there are quite a few led strips and panels sold and marketed for use with TVs that sitin the 6000k-6500k range.

There is the antec halo bias lighting and again IIRC it has a 5500k temp. It very cheap, very low powered, increadibly easy to install, takes up no room and mounts to the monitor and is powered by a USB port..... Now that there IMHO is the better option.

You got a multimeter?

I don't know, maybe the markets changed. I got my back-light a year or two ago. It was very hard to find LED's at 6500k with a CRI of 90+.

Yeah, I've got a multimeter.

I don't know, maybe the markets changed. I got my back-light a year or two ago. It was very hard to find LED's at 6500k with a CRI of 90+.

Yeah, I've got a multimeter.

Have you used it yet to probe the PSU and ensure it is running at propper voltages? And not fluctuating greatly.

what made me think here was; why did the fluorescent lamp flickers along with the lags? for sure there's power issue involved(fluctuating) and i would check it from the wall outlet all the way to the terminals.

and PSU might be doing it's protect feature and seems holding back or something like that that causes your lags, flickering fluorescent lamp indicates power fluctuations aside from a dieing lamp.

my simple test would be; take out 'everything' hooked within those terminals except the PC and the lamp, play games then observe. isolate the terminals by plugging your PC direct/different wall outlet.

Edited by sword_fish

what made me think here was; why did the fluorescent lamp flickers along with the lags? for sure there's power issue involved(fluctuating) and i would check it from the wall outlet all the way to the terminals.

and PSU might be doing it's protect feature and seems holding back or something like that that causes your lags, flickering fluorescent lamp indicates power fluctuations aside from a dieing lamp.

my simple test would be; take out 'everything' hooked within those terminals except the PC and the lamp, play games then observe. isolate the terminals by plugging your PC direct/different wall outlet.

I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion. If it is trying to protect itself, what from?

intermittent power(due to loose connections) may trigger the anti-surge protection either.

needless to say; i have this wall lamp(CFL) that i built and i encountered that random flickering but there's no lags or computer crash noted.

here's my desk with the lamp:

DSC00532.jpg

notice my AVR there, i know that's a thing in the past for the computer enthusiasts here but that 'dinosaur' narrowed down my search why did my lamp flickers. i noted that flickering was synchronized with that ticking sound coming from my good old AVR :unsure: so my 'guess' that time was i'm having some intermittent power/fluctuations.

searched everything from terminals to the circuit breakers and found nothing until i reached our electrical meter outside, gave it a blunt tap then suddenly the house's entire power shuts down.... i guess i have strong lead there(loose contacts), so i called the electric company for immediate inspection, i was right then cause the terminals connecting the meter gone burnt due to loose connections and the guy replaced it with a new one.

flickering now gone. problem solved :thumbsup:

Edited by sword_fish