Trigger has been pulled - Water cooling parts on the way

Gr4vitas

Alright so apparently the velcro I used before to hold up my cathods was "industrial strength" so the stick substance on the back of the velcro pad just wasn't enough, not sure if it was the heat or what that caused them to become un-stuck. They did look as though they have warmed up and softened some though, the glue stuff that is.

I'm just trying to think of a good way to keep these cathodes in place as well as a decent mount solution for my pump. I don't really want to use a duct tape style solution as I've done it before and it leaves behind a really bad glue residue and in my experience the duct tape held like crap, after a few months it was all unstuck.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe know of a better velcro to use?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you are mounting it too. Many of the cases that are steel have an unfinished bare steel that will not allow anything to hold to it. Now if its a painted surface that you are on any of the 3M double sided tape will work fine. If its bare unfinished steel then you can either paint it with self etching primer and paint over that and volah. The other option is to use a self etching glue in addition to your double sided tape. Too name two that etch you have either super glue or radio controlled car tire glue.

Hope this helps. BTW what kind of case do you have??

How do you test your loop without power?

To clarify test it without the mainboard or anything related to the mainboard impowered. Take a paperclip and jump the powersupply and plug in the pump and if you want the fans (optional). Whatever components you have in the case that carry liquid will of course be there but its best not to have them powered as a manufacture defect may show itself at the moment Or first operation.

Depends on what you are mounting it too. Many of the cases that are steel have an unfinished bare steel that will not allow anything to hold to it. Now if its a painted surface that you are on any of the 3M double sided tape will work fine. If its bare unfinished steel then you can either paint it with self etching primer and paint over that and volah. The other option is to use a self etching glue in addition to your double sided tape. Too name two that etch you have either super glue or radio controlled car tire glue.

Hope this helps. BTW what kind of case do you have??

It's the HAF X so its painted inside, from what I read the scotch 3M 4010 double sided tape is amazing, I saw a couple videos with people doing stupid stuff with it and it holds up like crazy, I may just run to walmart or something and get a role or two of that.

On an unrelated note, what kind of screws are used for mounting the radiator? Are they the same kind used to mount fans? Will my rad come with some or am I going to need to buy some?

The Rad will come with hardware for three fans and if you are doing pushpull the I can get you the demetions of the bolts so you could Puck them up from a hardware store.

Yea my plan is to mount it to the top of my case and push from bottom out the top. Will I have enough screws to mount the rad as well as the 3 fans on the bottom?