Video Freezing

I've been having an issue streaming video from the internet and it will freeze with whatever current sound is playing freezing there as well and making a really annoying sound. These freezes will last anywhere from 15 seconds to long enough that I have to reset the system because its been 10 min and still frozen. I have not had it happen during DVD or BLUray playback. I'm using an ASUS Maximus IV Gene Z68 MoBo and an i5-2500k with the HD 3000 for the video playback. This system doesn't have a dedicated GPU in it as its for my wife who gets more than enough out of the i5 graphics, until now. Any ideas will be helpful as I have done everything I can think of minus a clean reinstall of Win 7 which I would prefer to avoid. I have been playing with the idea of getting a GT 440 or GTS 450 so I can do some light gaming on this system as well since its hooked up to our main TV but I don't want to drom the money on a video card if it won't fix whatever issue this thing is having.

* I just installed a GTX 460 into it and downloading drivers now and gonna see what happens using a dedicated card instead of the integrated processor

Edited by Palmdalien

Driver problem IMIO. Which driver are you using? (i.e. version?)

Running on the latest NON beta NVIDIA Drivers now that it has a GT 430 in it and was running good for a while, but after some more leg work I found it was the Silverlight program for some reason keeps crashing. Working with them now to resolve it and hopefully be able to watch movies again.