Zone Alarm Bug

RaTeD-R

Ok, I think this only applies to Win98se but I'm not sure.

Zone Alarm recently released a new version. I've been stalling on downloading the update for awhile, but I finally got around to updating it yesterday. I updated with Zone Alarm running, so that might have something to do with it. Anywho, after I updated zone alarm, whenever I went to a web page that needed to access a cookie, my whole computer locked up. WHen I tryed to launch GameSpy it locked up, but AOL didnt. And take this page for example..........I could check out the new updates, and read all the forums........but once I clicked on "reply" or "new topic" the computer locked up. Once the site had to know who I was (v.i.a - a cookie) - the computer froze everytime.

I did alittle searching on the web and found that other people have had the same problem with this version, as well as earlier versions. As I stated before, it seems to only affect Win98 users.

What you have to do to get the update is UNINSTALL Zone Alarm first, and then REINSTALL the whole thing, dont try to update at all.

I have alot of respect for ZoneLabs, but come on, wheres the warning?!? I have seen users complain about this same problem in older versions, how long is it going to take before ZoneLabs recognizes this? They sure did program the "New Update Available" fine, but cant add a line like "Win98se Users Beware".

So, in closing. Yet another problem with Windows 98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( . And if Zone Alarm works anything like they're updates do, you might as well place a Welcome mat in front of your computer for the hackers to wipe their feet on.