Batman Arkham City

greengiant912

• 1 month later...

I finally finished the game and all I can say is if they can take that engine and make a catwoman game it would be awesome. I really enjoyed playing as cat woman in this game it was pretty damn fun but just too little of it.

I finally finished the game and all I can say is if they can take that engine and make a catwoman game it would be awesome. I really enjoyed playing as cat woman in this game it was pretty damn fun but just too little of it.

I am never going to look at you the same way again :P

I am never going to look at you the same way again :P

It's not like I said the catwoman starring halle berry was good. I thought the more stealthy movements and whip attacks were pretty neat. In all seriousness though I think it would make for a really good full game.

It's not like I said the catwoman starring halle berry was good. I thought the more stealthy movements and whip attacks were pretty neat. In all seriousness though I think it would make for a really good full game.

haha just bugging you :)

Aside from the camera, I'm enjoying it so far (just started playing yesterday, so I'm not far in). But, yeah... it felt like I was doubling my time in the game trying to get this one AR training challenge done just because the camera made it impossible for me to see the target without running into anything. Not going to bother with any of those again. Loved the opening though!

One thing I'm finding weird though is the tessellation. I set it to high, ran the benchmark, set it to normal, and ran the benchmark again with almost no improvement to performance, but the graphics did look better. I'm sure turning off tessellation would really up the performance, but why should I do that when it's playable? Only time the framerate drops to a troubling level is when it saves or loads a new area; something very CPU dependent. Even then, it isn't long before the framerate goes right back up to the, I'm guessing, 40-50 range.

Aside from the camera, I'm enjoying it so far (just started playing yesterday, so I'm not far in). But, yeah... it felt like I was doubling my time in the game trying to get this one AR training challenge done just because the camera made it impossible for me to see the target without running into anything. Not going to bother with any of those again. Loved the opening though!

One thing I'm finding weird though is the tessellation. I set it to high, ran the benchmark, set it to normal, and ran the benchmark again with almost no improvement to performance, but the graphics did look better. I'm sure turning off tessellation would really up the performance, but why should I do that when it's playable? Only time the framerate drops to a troubling level is when it saves or loads a new area; something very CPU dependent. Even then, it isn't long before the framerate goes right back up to the, I'm guessing, 40-50 range.

I had to drop settings a few times. The latest nvidia driver actually made things worse too. It is a good game. They really followed up AA nicely. The riddler stuff I kinda skimmed over. I solved a bunch of riddles but the trophies I just didnt feel like bothering with them.

I had to drop settings a few times. The latest nvidia driver actually made things worse too. It is a good game. They really followed up AA nicely. The riddler stuff I kinda skimmed over. I solved a bunch of riddles but the trophies I just didnt feel like bothering with them.

Seriously? I just yesterday went through the process of removing drivers to update to the newest because nVidia claimed it offered better performance (at least for PhysX). That's annoying. Ah well, it's still playable, so I'm not going to worry about it.