Memory qustion sabertooth 990

Hello question here. i am running 12 gigs of ram 3 4 gig sticks. now should i keep running the 3 or drop one and run 8 gigs i am asking cuz i am wanting to know if i am slowing my system down with 3 sticks.

The difference is minimal however it is actually quicker running in pairs instead of a pair plus one. So what do you need more the capacity or the speed?

At even 8gb I believe you will cover yourself for everything you do. However why not go buy a single 4gb stick, speced the same, ddr3 is real cheap now.

thanks StonerBoy.... ok now that i can or will do that found out its hard to find 1 4gig stick of the same kind i have The Patriot Gamer Series 1 i can get the The Patriot Gamer Series 2 will it matter?

thanks StonerBoy.... ok now that i can or will do that found out its hard to find 1 4gig stick of the same kind i have The Patriot Gamer Series 1 i can get the The Patriot Gamer Series 2 will it matter?

It doesn't have to be exact exact as long as it is rated the same voltage timing speed ect. This will just ensure the best comparability if you can grab another patriot stick then good but in reality it doesnt matter because ram is ram is ram.

i know 8 gigs will be good but i have top gear playing on my other screen 24/7 wile i play my game LoL... now the problem do i do raid 0 or not lol

Running video on an extended screen isn't going to do much for ram usage and even gaming won't take up much.

If you check your usage you will likely find you are not using much at all.

It depends what you want out of doing raid 0. Post up a full lost of your specs what you ultimately want as well as a budget.

The Rig

Case: IN WIN, Ironclad

MB: SaberTooth 990fx

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 830 3.37Ghz

Ram: 12gb Patriot 1600el series

Cooling: 4 case fans(one of them is really big lol)

CPU Liquid cooling: Corsair

HD: 2 seagate 1tb each

Video: EAH 4870 1gb

i have 2 seagate 1tb hd was thinking going raid 0 but roommate says dont do the raid just get like a 64 or 128 gig SSD he said will be faster