Bios Temperature vs control panel temps. Msi

JoJoOx2

Is the computer overclocked by the company where it was purchased?

I have not heard of a factory oc cpu or mobo, but I have heard of a factory oc gpu.

From p95 stress 75c to

sounds right.

So after the 5min what does the bios temps read (should be a few degrees lower from entering bios to check).

It has button on the motherboard you just press and its overclocks the CPU RAM and HD. Here is website for its scroll down to see oc genie II http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z68A-GD80--B3-.html

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! OC genie is the mobo oc feature. The MSI control centre is there own software. Now I see.

At stock clocks how is the software temps compare to the bios? RealTemp to Control Center to bios. I would think to trust the bios temps, but there is no way to see max load temps in bios when running p95.

I still don't know what to point my finger at as a problem for the high temps, OC genie feature for overclocking to much (don't know the intel 2700k oc settings), the cooler because of installation or damage, or the wrong reporting of temps by the monitors?

Good night and all the best.

Oh! OC genie is the mobo oc feature. The MSI control centre is there own software. Now I see.

At stock clocks how is the software temps compare to the bios? RealTemp to Control Center to bios. I would think to trust the bios temps, but there is no way to see max load temps in bios when running p95.

OC genie on 4.2

Idle temps.....

Bios Temp. 60c

Control Panel temp. 49 47 46 44

Real Temp. 47 45 49 47

Load temps

Bios temp. 72c

control panel temp. about the same as real temp. that was about 1 min of stress testing. after 3min all the temps went up to 75-78c

real temp.66 71 74 69 max

OC genie on 4.2

Idle temps.....

Bios Temp. 60c

Control Panel temp. 49 47 46 44

Real Temp. 47 45 49 47

Load temps

Bios temp. 72c

control panel temp. about the same as real temp. that was about 1 min of stress testing. after 3min all the temps went up to 75-78c

real temp.66 71 74 69 max

I would say trust bios temps and avoid the genie or check the cooler.

What bios version does the mobo currently have? The cpu support list shows that the 2700k was added to the bios in version 17.3. Strange the image posted shows bios version 18.7 with a date 20111212 oh wait maybe that's the audio.

Currently the bios is at ver 17.4.

What is your ambient temp?

Also have you yet tried the reseat of the heatsync ensuring you don't overdo the tim.

ambient temp is prolly 75-80 in this room.

i havn't messed with the headsync yet but ill look into sometimes today.

I just checked the screenshot, I'm still using an i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz so I may be off on the typical voltages here. Until corrected here's my response.

:whoa: 1.8v for the PLL? and the CPU voltage is 1.35? That would be high on my i7 much less a newer chip, I'm sure you can get away with a stable overclock with lower voltages but I'm putting my money on that being the source of your temperatures.

Edited by Master Binky