Best CD/DVD RW Drive

SpeedCrazy

Like the title says i need a new CD/DVD RW drive as my last one died 3 months out of warranty.....

I don't need blu-ray or anything but it must be decent speed and have multilayer capability, light scribe would be nice but not necessary.

Sata II or III if the latter is faster transfer then i would go for that but it doesn't really make much difference at the moment.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Speed

Thats what i had and it lasted 15 months.

That seems to be the norm for pc parts. One person has a good experience and the other gets burned. This industry needs a quality control shot in the arm.

That seems to be the norm for pc parts. One person has a good experience and the other gets burned. This industry needs a quality control shot in the arm.

Yeah, unfortunately. But i might as well just get another of the same thing as newegg does have them on sale.

Not that it matter much, but I was actually amazed of how little a DVD/bluray drive is needed nowadays. I had my pc for about 8 months before I felt the need to get one. And now that I have one I rarely use it. All my games are on Steam, all drivers can be downloaded etc. Only reason I got the drive was so that I could take up my Call of Duty 4 legacy once again ;)

Not that it matter much, but I was actually amazed of how little a DVD/bluray drive is needed nowadays. I had my pc for about 8 months before I felt the need to get one. And now that I have one I rarely use it. All my games are on Steam, all drivers can be downloaded etc. Only reason I got the drive was so that I could take up my Call of Duty 4 legacy once again ;)

Well i need cd and dvd but not blu-ray, i use it every day, ripping cds, and burning bootable dvds for people.