Need help getting my i5-760 to 4.0GHz

dario_92

I would like some help to get my i5-760 to reach a stable 4.0GHz. I cannot get it past 3.52GHz stable and is sitting at 3.20GHz just now, I have heard that i need to change the voltages and i do not know how to do it without causing damage to my CPU. Anyone willing to help me out ?

Thanks in advanced, Dario.

I would like some help to get my i5-760 to reach a stable 4.0GHz. I cannot get it past 3.52GHz stable and is sitting at 3.20GHz just now, I have heard that i need to change the voltages and i do not know how to do it without causing damage to my CPU. Anyone willing to help me out ?

Thanks in advanced, Dario.

Well as long as you don't go past 1.4 volts on your CPU voltage or Vcore you should be fine. What you do to be safe is you push your overclock to a point where it becomes unstable. Then you add a little volt boost, maybe like .05 volts at a time. So basically 1st raise clock speed 2nd when the CPU is unstable, add more volts and repeat. After every clock speed boost you want to check prime 95 and Core temp to make sure the system is stable and cool. The point at which you stop is when you start accumulating too much heat because you have added too many volts. At that point you have two options. One is you can buy a high performance cooler, or you can back off your overclock a little to bring the temps back into playable range.

Well as long as you don't go past 1.4 volts on your CPU voltage or Vcore you should be fine. What you do to be safe is you push your overclock to a point where it becomes unstable. Then you add a little volt boost, maybe like .05 volts at a time. So basically 1st raise clock speed 2nd when the CPU is unstable, add more volts and repeat. After every clock speed boost you want to check prime 95 and Core temp to make sure the system is stable and cool. The point at which you stop is when you start accumulating too much heat because you have added too many volts. At that point you have two options. One is you can buy a high performance cooler, or you can back off your overclock a little to bring the temps back into playable range.

Thanks alot, Ill go try it just now and ill post feedback when im finished messing around