Loop Sequence (Multiple Radiators)

Grape

Hello guys, I really wanted to buy XSPC RX360 but too bad the whole country of mine doesn't sell any water cooling parts.

But recently there's a new shop opened in my state, its about 20km away and he offered EK Supreme HF 240 EN kit.

Yes, the whole country of mine, the WHOLE MALAYSIA only has 6 EK water cooling kits for sale (2 in my state, 4 in another).

He seemed pro and guess what, he sell a lot of water cooling parts and the only 3 stores in the whole .*** country.

However, what he offered is very high end products like HF Full Cooper, Black Ice 360, Swiftech Pump (USD 120 that one) and his barbs fittings cost $15 each. F-I-F-T-E-E-N each.

I had my ideal water cooling parts however, too bad it goes up to $450.

Oh well, now he got a EK Supreme HF240 EN and I had decided to buy it. I hoped he got 360 but too bad, only 240.

So, I am gonna get an extra Black Ice 360 to feed my computer's need.

This is the loop sequence he recommended:

CPU: i7 950 - Planned to go up for 4.2GHz, 5.0GHz if possible.

GPU: GTX580 - Planned to go up for 900MHz, 1GHz if possible.

Double Radiator: EK- 240 & Black Ice 360

PUMP > EK240 > BI360 > CPU > GPU > RES

Triple Radiator: EK240 & 2 Black Ice 360

PUMP> EK240 > BI360 > BI360 > CPU > GPU > RES

Well... My opinion is different.

Double Radiators:

PUMP > EK240 > CPU > BI360 > GPU > RES

Triple Radiators:

PUMP > BI360 > CPU > EK 240 > BI360 > GPU > RES

Reason: I think in 4.2GHz, CPU already run much cooler than GPU. Correct me if I am wrong.

I heard there's double loop. Does double loops means I have to buy an extra pump + extra reservoir?

Loop 1: Pump > EK240 > CPU > Res

Loop 2: Pump > BI360 > GPU > Res

PS: Not going to SLI 580 because I will be selling it off soon and I will get myself a damn GTX 690 in 2012.

Second reason for not going to SLI: Damn it my motherboard is P6T SE which does not support SLI!!! Its brother P6T (Just $20 more) supports SLI. I didn't notice it until last month...

Question:

1. Which loop you recommend? (If you were me)

2. Double Radiators or Triple Radiators? (Even Quadruple Radiators EK240 + 3 BI360)

Edited by Grape

Loop order doesn't matter with reasonable flow rates. More radiator is better but you'd be fine with a dual and a triple.

Ok, let's change how I ask.

If you were me with two radiators as setup, what loop will you use?

If you were me~~

Loop order doesn't matter with reasonable flow rates. More radiator is better but you'd be fine with a dual and a triple.

Beat me to it....

Well after seeing Wacos test setup with temps, it will be more like what will fit better in your case with out kinking up your hoses to much. so if you got a rad on top or rad side/bottem/back you will want to keep your lengths short as it will start to make the pump work harder then need be.

And to make a double loop work correct you will need an other pump and res.

What he said. Whatever routing is easiest is what you should do. :)

Beat me to it....

Well after seeing Wacos test setup with temps, it will be more like what will fit better in your case with out kinking up your hoses to much. so if you got a rad on top or rad side/bottem/back you will want to keep your lengths short as it will start to make the pump work harder then need be.

And to make a double loop work correct you will need an other pump and res.

Ah, yeah, you are right!

If the RAD > CPU > RAD > GPU, the tubings would be long and complex!

Thanks guys. You all solved my problems.

Edited by Grape