How should I upgrade my PC?

Tjj226_Angel

I have a corsair 650 W in my rig, the 680 W is a Sunbeam non modular PSU. I had it for a year and it works great, so no real problems there. (side question, does the OC club market place work? Ie are there thief's and scamers like on ebay?).

Personally for the video cards, I would like to see two gtx 460s in SLI in the build. I am hoping these will go on crazy sale Twin frozer II

As for the SSD, I think stoner is right. I will just find a cheap boot drive and let the person who buys the PC worry about it.

As for the comment about the used computer parts not selling like new ones....This looks like hope to me!

The cheaper I can go with buying the parts, the more modding I can do. I really like My asus board, but the color is just annoying. I want to make a Mobo shell for it and cut out a raven or something and put a red led behind it to make it look cool. Then I intend to paint the noctua fans black and leave the maroon colour blades alone, along with using some carbon fiber at the top of the heat sink to hide the annoying metal look. Lastly, I don't know how familiar all of you are with the 800D, but the window shows all of the PSU and cables. I want to cut into the bottom of the case and make a little door for that area. If you don;t understand what I mean, you can look up the Skull crusher on you tube and you can see what they did. However, I want to cut in a pattern and put black carbon fiber over the the whole little make shift door. Then I will have a bright as hel! red CF light behind it to bleed through the carbon fiber to create a luminescent effect. The problem is all of that takes money, so that i why I am trying really hard to find sales and such. (side question: what do you think the theme of the PC should be for modding? I have come up with Raven and Black Widow, but I am open to suggestions.)

Depending on how that all goes, I might get some cable sleeving to tie the build together.

Thank you for all the help guys!!!! This truly is an amazing website :thumbsup: !!!!!

460's are certainly good cards, any way you slice it. The fancy coolers don't usually help a whole lot though.

Make sure you get the 1GB cards. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get an SE version.

SE = Slow edition. :teehee:

EDIT: I don't see how that link is a workstation, and the picture has a crossfire setup not a 460, so clearly that ebayer is retarded. :rofl:

Edited by Locutus

460's are certainly good cards, any way you slice it. The fancy coolers don't usually help a whole lot though.

Make sure you get the 1GB cards. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get an SE version.

SE = Slow edition. :teehee:

Lol, I agree. It wasn't the cooler I was after, it wa the cheapest card Microcenter had.

Question for every one. I was doing some research, and I would like to put two 460's in my rig and sell of the 450. However I am unsure if my PSU will handle it. It is only 650W. If I need something bigger, how much do you think a fair price would be for a corsair 650w modular power supply? I have had it for just a little over the return date : ( . I know the PSU is taking close to about 700w from the wall so I am hopping it will be enough, but what do you guys have to say?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I have the 560 Ti and an Agility 3 SSD on Black Friday. I decided to go with the 560 TI because I would have had to get a more powerful PSU for the two 460s and the agility three I got for a freaking steal. I didn't get a sale on the video card (only a rebate) and I bought the SSD for 100 with a customer loyalty coupon (YAY MICROCENTER :woo: ). After my rebates I will have spent 350 on the upgrade. I don't know if any of the online websites will be having Cyber Monday this year because of how long the black friday sales have been going on, but if any one sees an Asus or EVGA GTX 560ti on sale for 200 or below, can you give me a head up please?

I would really appreciate the help.

On another note, has anyone seen xigmatech 120mm fans on sale? I thought for sure I was going to be able to pick them up cheap this weekend and so far I have seen 1 fan on sale. If any one knows of ANY information on sales regaurding my upgrades, that would be great.

Thank you for any help you can provide me.