Overclocking my AMD 1100T Black Edition

eVolution54

Hi guys,

I new to the overclocking community and this is my first post on the forum. I usually look around the internet a lot whenever I have an issue with something but this time, after a lot of hours of searching, I just can't seem to find the solution to my problem. So I just built my first rig and I want to overclock my CPU to 4GHZ.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Amd Phenom II X6 1100T

Motherboard: Asus M4A88TD-V evo/usb3

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 +

So I've look around a lot on how to get that thing stable at 4 ghz but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

The only things I've changed in my bios:

Core Multiplier: x20

CPU Voltage: 1.45

DRAM Voltage: 1.65

Cool n' Quiet is disabled

C1E support is disabled

So the issue I run into, is whenever I run Prime95 with those settings, thread #6 always gives me a rounding error:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.498046875, expected less than 0.4

I can run Prime 95 for 6 hours and not get any errors on the other threads, but #6 always gives me that error after 10-15 minutes.

The only way I managed not to get that thing stable on 6 hours of prime 95 is to lower my DRAM Frequency to 1333mhz.

So what I'm looking for is sort of a guide or help on how to get my CPU stable at 4 ghz and my DRAM at 1600mhz like it's suppose to be.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys/girls and let me know if you need more information.

Cheers !

Raise your CPU-NB voltage. Should be a range between 1.25V - 1.4V's to be stable. Usually 1.3V's will be enough. Just make sure you get some airflow flowing to that NB heatsink.

And welcome to OCC! :cheers:

Is there something I should change in the CPU/NB Frequency or just leave it stock ?

Is there something I should change in the CPU/NB Frequency or just leave it stock ?

Keep it at 1800MHz - 2000MHz for now, once you're stable, you can increase it for a small performance boost as long as you're still stable with the same voltages. Some people can get it to 2600MHz. I'm just lazy and keep it at 2000MHz. I don't even bother to tighten timings anymore.

Just ran Prime95 with:

CPU NB Frequency at 2000mhz

CPU NB Voltage 1.35

Got FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 after 1 minute on thread #6

It could also mean you need an increase of your Vcore. Try bumping that up a notch or two (as long as your temps allow), and see if that fixes it. You can take your CPU NB voltage back down to 1.3V's.

It could also mean you need an increase of your Vcore. Try bumping that up a notch or two (as long as your temps allow), and see if that fixes it. You can take your CPU NB voltage back down to 1.3V's.

All right, I bumped it to 1.45620v. I'm gonna run the tests once more.

Thanks