Help with i7 950 3.06 Ghz Overclocking

Zeratul

Hey guys I made this topic because I'm new in O/C matters and I really want to get the best from my baby. So I need to know which CPU cooler (not water cooling) can I buy to fit in my case considering my RAM modules

and my case size So I can hit 4.0 Ghz or a bit more. Please help me

I have this components:

Mainboard : GA X58 USB 3

Processor: i7 950 3.06 Ghz

RAM: 12 (3x4) GB HyperX T1 1600 Mhz DDR3 (pc3 12800) Black Series + Kingston Cooling Fan for HyperX

Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536 MB GDDR5 - 1582 AR

Case: Aerocool CyborgX - Middle Tower - 460(H) x 200(W) x 540(D)

Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 750w

I'll be very greatful for your help

Have a nice day

Edited by Zeratul

Well I don't consider the H50/60/70/80 to be true watercooling, so you could get those as they would most likely perform the best and don't really take up much space.

Edited by Krieg1337
  • Like 1

I am going to have to agree with kreig. A self contained liquid unit would perform best but the question is what heat sink and fan will float.... blend..... I mean fit. LOL.

With the fan out of the top slot on the side panel you should be able to get a hyper 212 evolution in there. Or an evga superclocked Cooler in there. One thing you could do is take a straight tape measure through an empty fan hole and see how many mm you have between the processor and the end of the sidepanel. Subtract 10mm or so and you have your Max heat sink height.

Hope this helps you out.

Boinker.