Water Cooling HELP

prophetd7

Let us look at this watercooling example loop; water temp 75c, cooling loop config cpu block with 10c gain = 85c water temp, to 120 rad with a 10c drop = 75c water temp, to 2 gpus with 20c gain = 95c water temp, to 240 rad with 20c drop = 75c water temp. Loop temp gain = 30c with temp loss = 30c.

Next loop will still contain the same heat load only with one 360 rad provided the temp loss. The water temp 75c to cpu and 2 gpus will yield 30c gain for 105c water temp and BOILING coolant with poor cooling.

Heat flows from high temp to low temp. When the coolant temp is lower than the component being cooled then the heat of the component will flow to the coolant.

What system would load a pc wc loop as in this example? Would four gpus in the loop? Bulldozer's tdp is still only 125w.

Cooling the nb load is similar to cooling the ram load. AMD nb and mem controller are in the cpu anyway, so the nb on the mobo controls the pc component input/output usb, sata etc...

With the choice of coolant which has additives to prevent corrosion the metal used in the cooling loop is no longer a concern. Copper will cool better than aluminum.

What? Nothing in this post makes sense.

Example - I run four GPUs and a hot CPU in my loop. The difference between the hottest and coolest points in the loop is less than a single degree.

Well for only CPU and GPU, how dose this look?

CPU block 34.94€ ... and backplate 5.95€

GPU block 44.96€ ... Do I need to add separate backplate in order or does it come with block in packet ?

Pump 34.94€ ... Is that pump strong enough ?

Reservoir 35.95€

Radiator 49.96€ ... Is it enough to have 240 for CPU and GPU ?

Fan 2* 7.9€ = 15.8€

Tube 3.98€ per m ... How many tubes would I need 5m total ?

fittings ... How many ?

I will get clamps for tubing in hardware store ...

Do I need anti-kink coils ?

For cooling liquid distilled water, is that ok ?

What more would I need or is that all ?

Edited by prophetd7

I'd suggest avoiding EK in the near future at least - they've had a lot of quality control issues lately and I wouldn't trust them. Are there any other e-tailers that will ship to your area?

Also - you'll want a silver kill coil to keep the nasties from growing in your loop. I run straight distilled with a coil and have yet to have an ounce of buildup even after long periods of time without cleaning. If you get those fittings you won't need clamps - they are compression fittings so they clamp down on the tubes themselves.

That pump looks like a rebranded Jingway (http://skinneelabs.com/jingway-pumps/). I've heard of them being not so reliable but their performance isn't bad.

Edited by Waco

Looks good but I would get a full cover block versus a universal block. Newer cards don't do so well without serious cooling on the RAM, VRMs, etc. I nearly killed my 4870X2 when trying to passively cool the VRMs with the Swiftech Caldera waterblock setup.

3m tubing will be more than enough, and 1m of the coil (the coil if used as I think will only be installed at places where the tube bends).

The pump which rests on the case floor has 1.8m head pressure which is understandably more than the 1.2m head pressure of the 5.25" bay version because more pressure will be used to lift the fluid from the case bottom to the blks than just moving the fluid from the bay. I think the 1.8m pump will in the end still have more pressure than the 1.2m pump.

Fan has great specs.

@ Waco:

Radeon 5970 Overclocking: The VRM Temperature Bottleneck

Those dual GPU cards eat a lot of electricity, a lot ...

I have this 4850 ... I can't find full cover block anywhere for 4850 ...

@sticknstone:

I have this fan it has good performance, so I chose those xigmatek ...

I like these fittings more than these fittings

Edited by prophetd7

The fittings you prefer are 3/8 id, 1/2 od, while the tube being purchased is 3/8 id, 5/8 od, so the other fitting which have the 3/8 id, 5/8 od specs will install snuggly.

For a full cover block try looking for a 6970 full cover block and read the compatibility list (it should list the 4850). Oh! The card you have looks to be none reference design, so a full cover block which is designed for the reference card will not fit. Water cooling will need to be an universal block and heatsinks.