OC headaches

Krieg1337

So a long time ago, when I first got the WC, I made the thread on OC'ing. Well it was stable with the stability tests(intel burn test for 2 and a half hours, I might try prime95 instead now). But in windows the PC would randomly freeze and become unresponsive(without the OC this never happened). Now a few days ago I thought what the hell, maybe it needed more volts. So I went back to my previous settings, 3.77ghz but with 1.27 vcore this time and memory at 1440 mhz(closest I could get to 1600). Now I basically kept everything else at auto(uncore was at 2880 as its suppossed to be). So it worked fine, then same . happens again in the middle of Company of Heroes(very low demanding game, max cpu usage is 20%). Temps never went above 54C on load(that was in GTA 4 with 75% usage). So I thought maybe it was the memory timings, I put them at their stock 8-8-8-24 but still at 1440(supposed to be able to run 1600 at 8-8-8-24 and it works on stock). Well the motherboard then got stuck at code 62 (EVGA classified E760). So now I am completely lost. Everything works perfectly stock, never any crashes or issues(I mean 0, never ever a crash) but when I OC it it decides to crash even though all the settings are supposed to be ok. The VTT voltage(or w/e that is called) is at +200 so I think that means its either at 1.27volts or at 1.29volts(I believe its the former). Vdroop is on as well.

I'll run memtest later today, but its weird because again the memory is fine when its at 1600 8-8-8-24 but it can't do it at 1440?

Krieg,

Have you played around with the QPI voltage at all? I think your's defaults to 1.10 or 1.12v or something like that. Please double check. If so, bump the QPI voltage up to 1.25, cpu voltage up to 1.30v and see what happens. We can adjust cpu vcore down lower later on. This is just a starting point.