am i doing this right? new to overclocking

crshbndct

i have had a ten year hiatus from overclocking, and pc's in general. (been using laptops) i used to have a cel 300a running at 600mhz with water and tec cooling (it was a very late production one)

but i decided to get back into it and got the following:

ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard (its am3+ ready, for bulldozer)

athlon x2 260 (didnt want to spend up large on processor till bd comes out)

2x2gb kingston valueram 1333mhz (again, i know its cheap, but i am doing this on a very tight budget)

so far i have it running at 3600mhz (225x16), the ram is running at 750mhz, and the ht-link is 2025, nb is 2250. using stock (1.4v) voltage

i have been keeping a wary eye on temps and they are as follows

stock clock:

53deg c load, 34 deg c idle

3.6ghz

55deg c load, 37 deg c idle.

this is using the very tiny stock heatsink, i am going to be getting something decent soon, but i am just messing around. its much more complicated these days.

are those temperatures safe?

is it ok for my ram to be running that high? it passed linux memtest 86+ with no problems.

thanks guys

i have had a ten year hiatus from overclocking, and pc's in general. (been using laptops) i used to have a cel 300a running at 600mhz with water and tec cooling (it was a very late production one)

but i decided to get back into it and got the following:

ga-78lmt-s2p motherboard (its am3+ ready, for bulldozer)

athlon x2 260 (didnt want to spend up large on processor till bd comes out)

2x2gb kingston valueram 1333mhz (again, i know its cheap, but i am doing this on a very tight budget)

so far i have it running at 3600mhz (225x16), the ram is running at 750mhz, and the ht-link is 2025, nb is 2250. using stock (1.4v) voltage

i have been keeping a wary eye on temps and they are as follows

stock clock:

53deg c load, 34 deg c idle

3.6ghz

55deg c load, 37 deg c idle.

this is using the very tiny stock heatsink, i am going to be getting something decent soon, but i am just messing around. its much more complicated these days.

are those temperatures safe?

is it ok for my ram to be running that high? it passed linux memtest 86+ with no problems.

thanks guys

yeah your temps and RAM are fine but i wouldnt overclock on that heatsink. max temp for that CPU is 62C

okay.. i have decided that now that i have the system, a few upgrades are in order.

a decent heatsink and where i live radeon 6670 is a good value for money card.

i want to play fallout 3 at 1280x1024 (i have a 17" lcd") with hopefully lots of eye candy on.

so what i wanna know is - from what i have seen the proc i have is more than enough to run this game.. and a 6670 should decimate it.

what heatsink do you recomment for someone on a very tight budget?

okay.. i have decided that now that i have the system, a few upgrades are in order.

a decent heatsink and where i live radeon 6670 is a good value for money card.

i want to play fallout 3 at 1280x1024 (i have a 17" lcd") with hopefully lots of eye candy on.

so what i wanna know is - from what i have seen the proc i have is more than enough to run this game.. and a 6670 should decimate it.

what heatsink do you recomment for someone on a very tight budget?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 cheap and very effective