Graphics card (driver?) messed up, help!

skypower

Hi,

I have a Dell Studio 1555 for about 1.5 year. I didn't exactly have fun with it and I have rebooted it manually many times due to game crashes. It has an ATI 4500 series GPU.

I tried to install a graphics program (not sure if it matters) in my Kubuntu with no luck and the next time I restarted the pc it just booted in command line, with no GUI, and keeps doing it of course. I have searched the web and tried many things, with no luck.

I have also made a thread in ubuntu forums, however I noticed that my windows 7 boot is not working aswell (I get some wierd graphical things (no command line)).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Sorry if it's not the best section I could post that.

I don't get it. Are you using Kubuntu and 7 on the same PC? Are they dual-booted or virtual machined? Also what is the system specs.

Yes I dual boot in Windows 7 64 bit and Kubuntu 10.10. Cpu is dual core from intel, at 2.1 ghz (dont remember model) and 4 gb of ram. I didn't mention that my hard disk has a major problem too, usually my pc crashes at 15 minutes max after normal operation.

I didn't mention that my hard disk has a major problem too, usually my pc crashes at 15 minutes max after normal operation.

I'd fix this...probably the source of the problem. A dying hdd can cause all kinds of corruption and chaos.

Edited by Raiderfan001