overclocking help with new pc

hey guys this is my pc specs: i need some recommand settings for my cpu . memory and mobo, thanks

videocard:ASUS EAH6870 DC 1gb:

case:COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced:

cpu:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition:

powersupply:PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad CrossFire 750W ATX

am3 mobo:Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5

ram:G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB kit:

ssd drive:Kingston SSDNow V+ Series SNVP325-S2B :

monitor: asus ASUS VW266H 25.5:

hard-drive:Western Digital black: $

hard-drive#2: seagate barracuda 1 tb drive:

dvd-burner: lg-rw burner:

Cpu Cooler: Scythe Mugen2 Rev.B:

keyboard:noname multimedia keyboard:

mouse: microsoft sidewinder x5:

anyways help would be appreciated, thanks

okay i cant just give you settings that i will know is stable for your setup because every chip is different. but ill tell you how to start. since your 965 is unlocked go into the bios and start by increasing the multi 1 step at a time. test for 30 mins per increse with prime95 and if its stable go higher. keep going till it becomes unstable here you can give the cpu some more volts to stable things out. some people may say to disable cool n quiet but i see no difference from personal experience when it comes to overclocking with it on or off.

well thanks, but i need more specific settings, like ram, voltage, etc settings thanks tho

like i said i cant give you specific settings but i can give you the steps. every mobo and cpu is different and need different volts in order to get a stable OC. start out by just increasing the multi and forget about overclocking ram for now . go into the bios and raise your multi to 18 and see if you can boot. that will make your cpu speed 3.6GHz. keep pushing higher and higher till its unstable and then increase the voltage atm stay at stock volts.