1800 fsb

RAM @ 800 with stock timings

vcore 1.36875v

fsb 1.35v

ram 1.9v

spp 1.45

NF200 1.2

GTL lanes are all on auto

Now I can't even get this to do 1 pass on intelburn test. I've tried more vcore, fsb spp, played with the ram a bit and a combination of them and I just cant figure out why I cant get this even a tad more stable than 1 pass. I've also thought that maybe it was an fsb hole so I tried a few above and a few below. Any ideas?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the highest you've gotten the chip so far??

Is the RAM linked or unlinked??

It's been common knowledge that nvidia chipsets often overclocke rather poorly, especially with the C2Qs (I have personal experience of this as well....and I had a 680i and 780i board)

If you want to do serious overclocking you'll be wanting a P45 board

Edited by IVIYTH0S

What's the highest you've gotten the chip so far??

Is the RAM linked or unlinked??

It's been common knowledge that nvidia chipsets often overclocke rather poorly, especially with the C2Qs (I have personal experience of this as well....and I had a 680i and 780i board)

If you want to do serious overclocking you'll be wanting a P45 board

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured it was just the board + CPU combo. The RAM is unlinked and the highest i've gotten it stable is at 3.2

Maybe try linking them and running them under their rated speed/timings

What cooler are you running and what are the temps of everything while stressed??

If I link them I can't run them at 1066. Temps usually always stay in the 50's range under full load.

don't worry about them running at 1066, run them slower for now. We can always work on that AFTER overclocking the Q9400...(overclocking memory isn't very lucrative anyway)

so just link them, lower their divider, and then try clocking your chip to 3.4ghz

don't worry about them running at 1066, run them slower for now. We can always work on that AFTER overclocking the Q9400...(overclocking memory isn't very lucrative anyway)

so just link them, lower their divider, and then try clocking your chip to 3.4ghz

This.

The memory frequency won't matter. IIRC those 750i boards generally aren't great for quad overclocking though.

When I link them I get the following dividers, 1:1,5:4,3:2, and sync. The first 2 set the ram at 1400, 3:2 sets it at 1200, and sync sets it at 900. Should I just unlink them and lower it to say 667 or something around that speed?

• 3 weeks later...

When I link them I get the following dividers, 1:1,5:4,3:2, and sync. The first 2 set the ram at 1400, 3:2 sets it at 1200, and sync sets it at 900. Should I just unlink them and lower it to say 667 or something around that speed?

bump

Sorry, thought I answered. I'd run them linked at 900 :thumbsup:

ran at 3.4 with these settings

1.38v vcore

1.35 fsb

ram at 900 1.9v link and sync'd

it made it 2 passes of intelburntest

bumped vcore 1 notch, then 2, made it less stable then before, also tried 1.4 fsb.