Best cooler for i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz+?

MJCRO

I was gonna go with a traditional water cooling, I really liked Swifttech setups, but ever since I got the new case I got now where to fit the radiator :( I ordered the Antec Kuhler 920, so hopefully this can put me at 4.9 - 5.0 range, I even got my system in Windows at 5.2 on air, with 1.45v and LLC @ Level 8. But the idle temps were 60 - 65C. picard1.png

I will agree with you that the case you have will be mighty difficult to put a WC loop inside. \if you are dead set on that case then your only choice for water-cooling would be to go with a swiftech system that is affixed to the back of the case. The swiftech system performs well but then again looking at it yo made the most logical decision given your position in that case. If one day you would like to splurge and get a new case and have watercooling in mind then I would look at the tempest Evo from NZXT. you can mount a single thick dual rad in the top portion of the case and it will outperform any of the self contained water cooled loops out there. BUT if you want to get even more into it there is the Kit that Corsair will soon offer called the H100. We are not presently sure how well it will perform but it has some promise given its predecessor is a well performing system.

Hope the Antec Kuhlor gets you the results you are looking for.

My 2 cents, Boinker.

I will agree with you that the case you have will be mighty difficult to put a WC loop inside. \if you are dead set on that case then your only choice for water-cooling would be to go with a swiftech system that is affixed to the back of the case. The swiftech system performs well but then again looking at it yo made the most logical decision given your position in that case. If one day you would like to splurge and get a new case and have watercooling in mind then I would look at the tempest Evo from NZXT. you can mount a single thick dual rad in the top portion of the case and it will outperform any of the self contained water cooled loops out there. BUT if you want to get even more into it there is the Kit that Corsair will soon offer called the H100. We are not presently sure how well it will perform but it has some promise given its predecessor is a well performing system.

Hope the Antec Kuhlor gets you the results you are looking for.

My 2 cents, Boinker.

Yup! I love the way the Tempest EVO looks, I'll see if this thing is gonna get me where I want it, if not. I'll be looking into getting a new case! :)

Edited by MJCRO