Do I need more fans?

SkytTe

So, I've listed my system below. I want to know if there's enough airflow and cooling to keep this system from dying?!!

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

Mobo: ASUS M4A87TD EVO

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Graphic: ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU 2DIS GD5 (1 GB)

RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x2) XMS3

Power: Corsair GS600

There's already installed one 1 x 12 cm fan in the front of the case, furthermore, there're fans frome the GPU, CPU and PSU.

The Elite 430 is capable of 6 more fans. 2 x 12 cm at the top, 1 x 14 cm at the front, 1 x 12 cm at the back, 1 x 14 cm at the side and 1 x 12 cm at the bottom, just beside the PSU.

Should I get some more fans? I don't want it to get too noisy, but I certainly don't want a lack of ventilation and cooling either.

If so, where would the fan(s) do most good? And would Revoltec 120x120 Fan Blue do the job?

I hope for some help here, thanks! :)

So, I've listed my system below. I want to know if there's enough airflow and cooling to keep this system from dying?!!

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

Mobo: ASUS M4A87TD EVO

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Graphic: ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU 2DIS GD5 (1 GB)

RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x2) XMS3

Power: Corsair GS600

There's already installed one 1 x 12 cm fan in the front of the case, furthermore, there're fans frome the GPU, CPU and PSU.

The Elite 430 is capable of 6 more fans. 2 x 12 cm at the top, 1 x 14 cm at the front, 1 x 12 cm at the back, 1 x 14 cm at the side and 1 x 12 cm at the bottom, just beside the PSU.

Should I get some more fans? I don't want it to get too noisy, but I certainly don't want a lack of ventilation and cooling either.

If so, where would the fan(s) do most good? And would Revoltec 120x120 Fan Blue do the job?

I hope for some help here, thanks! :)

Try to monitor your temps with HWMon

I don't know the TCase for that cpu or the max temps for that gpu, but u can google that or post a screenshot of your temp readings here after some use, then I bet someone other than me know if your temps are OK.

That'll be my advice =)

EDIT:

Found TCase for your CPU: 62*C (according to http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=682&f1=AMD+Phenom%E2%84%A2+II+X4&f2=&f3=&f4=512&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=True)

So if your CPU temps don't get close to this you should be fine on the CPU side =)

EDIT2:

As for the GPU: Stay below 90*C (according to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/303498-15-temps-hd6850)

Edited by Brutality

Try to monitor your temps with HWMon

I don't know the TCase for that cpu or the max temps for that gpu, but u can google that or post a screenshot of your temp readings here after some use, then I bet someone other than me know if your temps are OK.

That'll be my advice =)

EDIT:

Found TCase for your CPU: 62*C (according to http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=682&f1=AMD+Phenom%E2%84%A2+II+X4&f2=&f3=&f4=512&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=True)

So if your CPU temps don't get close to this you should be fine on the CPU side =)

EDIT2:

As for the GPU: Stay below 90*C (according to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/303498-15-temps-hd6850)

Thank you for your reply and for your effort of finding those TCases..

But now that I know this, can I figure out if the ventilation and cooling will be ok beforehand? (Would be a waste of money to buy fans, just to learn that it wasn't needed.)

basically from this point you want to download furmark and intel burn, max each temp and see how close it comes to the max, if its making you uncomfortable then yes by all means worry about cooling but if there running low then you should be golden, if its running really cool you can even remove a few fans and reduce your noise :D

those fans seem like they should work fine. I personally prefer higher CFM fans, but I can deal with the noise. I would recommend at least 2 more fans. I would place one at the back and one on the top (both as exhausts). If you want to go a little further, you could put a 140mm on the side as intake, and throw in a second top exhaust.