AI Suite autotuner safe? SSD temp issue!!!

jd - as already pointed out earlier, you know that your cpu is properly installed because the computer is running at all. If you had actually managed to get the cpu installed in the wrong orientation, or bent some socket pins inadvertently, you would be experiencing a lot more issues than a lag or freeze every now or then.

My best bet is that your SSD is causing the occasional lag or termporary lock up. To rule out memory or other motherboard/cpu subsystem instabilities, return EVERYTHING back to stock BIOS settings and run Memtest 86+ for eight hours. If that passes, then boot into Windows and run OCCT stress test for 2 - 4 hours. I use large data set, but you may want to start at medium data set. If both memtest and OCCT pass with flying colors you should run your PC at stock settings for a few days and see if you have any lag or temporary lock ups. If not, then you can deduce that your problem was a result of a not so stable OC.

If you still experience lags or locks ups (even after memtest and OCCT indicate that you system is stable) then you can consider the SSD as the possible culprit. It could just be that you need to tweak the SSD settings and there are plenty of tutorials out on the web for doing that. Last but not least, double check all of your connections - especially the SATA cable between the ssd and the motherboard. Also, don't rule out that the SATA cable may be bad or going bad. I don't see that you've listed what SSD drive you're using (that would be helpful information) or what controller you're running it from.

Complete computer specs. listed are a MUST HAVE in order for us to help you trouble shoot your problem. Pictures aren't important, but knowing what hardware is in your rig is very important.

Please post 'em up.

Thanks.