Is my system at a fairly decent idling temperature?

Untitled-6.png

When i game on the machine the GPU hits a maximum 75C on full load, the CPU hits up at 46 maximum as the Fan speeds up soon as the CPU gets more than 50% used, or is getting higher tan 42C. The motherboard temperature maxes out at 50C mostly due to the heat coming off the GPU.

Anyway do you think this is fine? it's running perfectly fine at the minute. Never a freeze, black or blue screen of death etc.

Hard drives can handle atleast 60C overall so theyr're fine. I'm going to buy a 3Pin Fan to molex converter so i can add in my large Zalman and coolermaster fans he gave me.

I also know that my particular CPU can handle a whopping 71C too. Most intel quad cores can only cope with 60 before shutting down to prevent damage.

My PC - Acer Aspire M3641:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU

4GB DDR2 Dual Channel 800Mhz Ram

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB (Overclocked Core: 684MHz - Shaders: 1685Mhz - Memory: 875Mhz)

SyncMaster 920NW (1440x900 16:10)

500GB Sata - 300GB Sata - 80GB IDE

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH15F SCSI CdRom

Compro VideoMate S350 Digital Satellite TV Card

2.1 Subwoofer Blue~Neon-Typhoon

Trust 305KS Wireless Keyboard & Optical Mouse set.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

nForce® 630i MicroATX

Colors-it 500W Gold PSU

I know I need a new motherboard but to be honest this is fine for what i do on my PC, i could do with a better PSU too, but this PSU has lasted around 4 years. I'm planning on buying a new GPU..... probably a HD4850 (single slot). Yes of course this is all the crap compared to high end stuff, but i'm no nerd who lives on computers all day and boasts about their fps or components. :P .... I have better things to buy!

Here is my 3D Mark 06 score:

3dmark06scoreonacerpc.png

Edited by djdyna

Those temps are fine, the gpu is a little hot but nothing to worry about really. If you wanna improve the temps then maybe try cleaning some dust out of the gpu/cpu coolers?

Get rid of that psu before you get a new graph card! :P You buying the 4850 new or used?

Those temps are fine, the gpu is a little hot but nothing to worry about really. If you wanna improve the temps then maybe try cleaning some dust out of the gpu/cpu coolers?

Get rid of that psu before you get a new graph card! :P You buying the 4850 new or used?

Yeah i usually clean the GPU every few months, The CPU heatsink fan doesn't really gather much dust, it blows it all out of the large exhaust fan lol. Think it wants me to get asthma! :D ..... I don't have any compressed air so i usually use my powerful Vax laid near the PC whilst using a power palate's ball pump to blow some fast air,damn ive lst it now though! :(

Yeah i will be getting a HD4850, unsure of manufacturer but aslong as it's just single slot solution, yes they have pathetic coolers and run close to frying eggs and bacon but i'll do something to remedy that problem!

...... Uhmm i'll probs buy a used one from a decent looking seller, i'm about to sell my old crappy dual core pc, so will get about £60 biffs for that junk anyway haha.

And yes i know i need a new PSU, my brother always told me to buy a new PSU first as that is the main component in your rig, it was only to power a crappy dual core media rig but it did it's job fine. Ill probs get a decent brand 600w+ corsair or something, probably a used one from ebay i recon.

To be fair my XFX 9600GSO performs pretty good with this quad core setup, i get near double the fps to what i got with my dual core setup in most games, that had 130mhz ram PMSL.