How to overclock the Phenom II X4 955

just wondering how would i overclock the phenom II X4 955 in overdrive or anything simple? im a noob at overclocking. i'll overclock on june when i get my 212+, but just wondering.

is there another overclocking tool out there? is overdrive good for overclocking? should i overclock?

sorry for so many questions

thank you :)

As for overclocking the 955, that is actually easy since the multiplier is unlocked. Just raise the mutilplier a little bit and test for stability, rinse and repeat until you find your limit.

Edited by ComputerEd

As for overclocking the 955, that is actually easy since the multiplier is unlocked. Just raise the mutilplier a little bit and test for stability, rinse and repeat until you find your limit.

could you tell me how to increase the frequency, i know that it is a black edition so the multiplier is unlocked.

thanks for the help :biggrin:

your multiplier must be on auto. raise the multiplier to 18x and do a test to se if is stable. then raise it to 19 x and do the test againe ( prime95 for ex.). should be stable but if is not raise your vcore frome 1.35 ( default) to 1.375. your cpu should be at 3800 mhz. formore raise the multiplier to 19,5x and the vcore to1.425 and this time you have to raise you NB frequency from 2000 at 2400 that means 12x and do the test againe.

i hope you understeand my english and i am helpful. :biggrin:

Edited by cery25