Phenom II 965 140 Watt OC Help!!!

Hi guys:

I've tried everything I could to OC my CPU to get more performance, but I can't seem to have a stable OC.

Can any veteran OCing guru help me out here?

This is my spec:

CPU: Phenom II 965 BE 3.4GHz @140 W (stock wattage)

Motherboard: ASUS Croshair III Formula (socket AM3 only)

RAM: 4GB of Kingston Hyper X 12800; 1333 stock, 1600 OC @ 1.7-1.9V (running at stock @1333)

HDD: 300GB Raptor @ 10,000 RPM

GPU: ATI Radeon 4350 (Will upgrade soon to EVGA 460 2win)

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922

PSU: Black Edition XFX 80 PLUS Silver @ 850 W

I know I have a pretty good motherboard, but I can't get my OC stable.

Help...

What settings are you using for your overclock?

What Vcore, CPU multiplyer, FSB/Reference clock, etc. settings are you using, what are your temperatures and what errors are you getting.

You have a black edition so its easy :)

All you need to play with is Vcore and Multiplier.

Seriously though, do it slowly by upping the Multiplier by 1. Use a stress tester such as Intel Burn Test (Maximum) for 3 runs or so and then if its stable go up the Mult. by 1 again. For Volts I would just start off at 1.4V and go from there, don't go above 1.5V for 24/7. For Temps you don't want to go above 60C with AMD, they don't seem to like heat as much as Intels do.

Edited by Krieg1337

What settings are you using for your overclock?

What Vcore, CPU multiplyer, FSB/Reference clock, etc. settings are you using, what are your temperatures and what errors are you getting.

I upped the multiplier by increasing the FSB to 218 (200 stock) with the 218 FSB, I was able to reach 3.7+ GHz, RAM is 1443 Ghz

CPU voltage is increased to 1.4625, DRAM Voltage is at 1.73575

PCIE: stock @ 100

CPU Heatsink is a Noctua -U12P-SE2 (two fans)

Temp is at 54 degrees (load)

idle at around 34 degrees.

right when I start Prime95 64 It just blue screen.

The setting that was on the prime 95 was this -> In-place large FFTs )maximum heat, power consumption, some RAM tested)

You have a black edition so its easy :)

All you need to play with is Vcore and Multiplier.

Seriously though, do it slowly by upping the Multiplier by 1. Use a stress tester such as Intel Burn Test (Maximum) for 3 runs or so and then if its stable go up the Mult. by 1 again. For Volts I would just start off at 1.4V and go from there, don't go above 1.5V for 24/7. For Temps you don't want to go above 60C with AMD, they don't seem to like heat as much as Intels do.

I was gonna just increas the multiplier but I also wanted to add more speed on my RAM since it's OC'eable to 1600 Ghz. I wanted to lessen the bottle neck between the RAM and the CPU. So this is what I did.

I upped the multiplier by increasing the FSB to 218 (200 stock) with the 218 FSB, I was able to reach 3.7+ GHz, RAM is 1443 Ghz

CPU voltage is increased to 1.4625, DRAM Voltage is at 1.73575

PCIE: stock @ 100

CPU Heatsink is a Noctua -U12P-SE2 (two fans)

Temp is at 54 degrees (load)

idle at around 34 degrees.

right when I start Prime95 64 It just blue screen.

The setting that was on the prime 95 was this -> In-place large FFTs )maximum heat, power consumption, some RAM tested)

When overclocking you should overclock and test each component individually to find the limits on each part and then apply all the settings for the final overclock before testing again for stability. Also, whats your hypertransport speed? I don't think that the hypertransport speed likes being set above stock speeds much and you've increased your FSB, your hypertransport speed will have gone up as well so reduce the multiplier.