Asus P6T-SE only recognises 8GB of RAM out of 12GB

Apparently heaps of Asus MB's do it. I have 3 sticks of gskill 1333mhz and 3 sticks of kingston 1333mhz. always used to show 12GB. now shows 8. Ive read forums you need to set timing i did that i think. Not to sure bout bios stuff. Others say re seat the cpu. What ever happened i dont know. One day says 12 now says 8. cpuz says i got 12 there but windows 7 says i got 8. Ive updated bios and move ram around a few times. no luck. Some guy said he set timing and it fixed it. I dont know what to do.

Issue with both Asus and X58. Seems Asus usually only has issues noticing high speed memory, while all X58's have issues with reading memory here and there. Seems the ram slots are bad. Although, I have heard that it might actually be the CPUs having issues with it since they have the memory controller built into them.

Kreig i think your right. From what I've read that is all i can conclude. Its just weird how it works fine then 1 day stops. When i never changed anything at all. Ah well maybe its broken then no solution.