Lian Li fans

mpj

Do you think with the Hyper 212+ with two high end loud fans can take me to 4.0 Ghz on the 1090t with acceptable temps?

I've had a single Noctua NF-P12 in a push config on a 1090T at 4.0GHz with a Hyper 212+ maxing out at 52C on Prime95. That was more than acceptable to me. What temps are you getting?

I pretty much have my gf's brother's wedding gift computer all set-up, I'll be turning it on in a bit. It'll have a Hyper 212+ with two Noctua NF-P12's at 12V's in a push/pull on an overclocked i7 950. I'm hoping it can keep 4.37GHz at under 77C, but I think that'd be pushing it. Probably more like 4.0GHz at 74C.

I've had a single Noctua NF-P12 in a push config on a 1090T at 4.0GHz with a Hyper 212+ maxing out at 52C on Prime95. That was more than acceptable to me. What temps are you getting?

I pretty much have my gf's brother's wedding gift computer all set-up, I'll be turning it on in a bit. It'll have a Hyper 212+ with two Noctua NF-P12's at 12V's in a push/pull on an overclocked i7 950. I'm hoping it can keep 4.37GHz at under 77C, but I think that'd be pushing it. Probably more like 4.0GHz at 74C.

Right now Im between mobos so I haven't done a proper stress temp test yet but on idle I was getting 30-35C being reported in BIOS before booting to windows and 25C-28C being reported from CoreTemp all in a 72C room. Do you like those NF-P12's a lot? I think they run like 30$ on newegg.

Right now Im between mobos so I haven't done a proper stress temp test yet but on idle I was getting 30-35C being reported in BIOS before booting to windows and 25C-28C being reported from CoreTemp all in a 72C room. Do you like those NF-P12's a lot? I think they run like 30$ on newegg.

Well, no need to worry unless you're stress-testing it. The max temp on the 1090T is 62C, I believe. 7C below that is safe, rarely you'll be stressing it at the Prime95 level unless you're folding with it.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Noctua NF-P12's (pun intended). I get them in bulk for about $15 - $18 per fan, depending on where I get them.

Well, no need to worry unless you're stress-testing it. The max temp on the 1090T is 62C, I believe. 7C below that is safe, rarely you'll be stressing it at the Prime95 level unless you're folding with it.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Noctua NF-P12's (pun intended). I get them in bulk for about $15 - $18 per fan, depending on where I get them.

Yeah, Ive read somewhere its 62C. Im just gonna have to see what temps im running when its all set up like you said. Ill prob be using your overclocking 1090t guide :thumbsup: thanks for making that. In your opinion is the MSI 890FXA-GD70 worth it over the other 890's?

The MSI 890FXA-GD70's okay, if I had to choose over again and didn't have PhenomMsrTweaker at my disposal, I'd go with ASUS, with PhenomMsrTweaker, the MSI's been top notch. My only complaint was not being able to log into Windows stable at 4.0GHz, but again, the PhenomMsrTweaker fixes that issue.